Chapter 7: My home is always with you

Misery loves company

Chapter 7: My home is always with you

Hey guys :) This is the chapter you have all been waiting for. This chapter isn't my favorite as it was difficult to write the relationship between Sheldon and his father but I hope I did it justice. You will see more on them in future chapters.

Thank you so much for all the love on this story and reading your thoughts on each chapter makes my heart so happy more than you know. Thank you to all of you.

P.S: This chapter can sensitive for some people so please know that.
-----------------------------------------------------------

My heart found a home in yours
~gemma troy
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previously on Misery loves company:

"Now I know you have my temper but it don't mean you got to take it out on the comic book store." a Texan voice I  haven't heard in so long said.

"Dad ?"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sheldon's pov:

The man came into the light finally so I could see him better. It was my father and he looked the same since the last time. I saw him but this time he was happier. I haven't seen my father smile in so long even before he passed away. All the emotions were shuffling around that I felt overwhelmed. It was all too much to take in. I didn't know which emotion I should listen to first. Should I: hug him? yell at him? cry ? or ask questions ?

I last saw him when I was 14. So my father never got to meet Amy or my son. He never watched me get my doctorates or nobel prize. He wasn't there for my wedding or the birth of my son. He never got to give advice on fatherhood. Every moment I wanted to share with my father but I couldn't because he wasn't there anymore but now he was right before me. He was standing there before my very eyes. I stood there frozen trying to process what I was seeing.

I remembered all those times I wished I had another chance to talk to my father and now I got it. I walked briskly to my father and threw my arms around him. My father stepped back a little in surprise, then hugged me back. I knew what this all meant for me but I focused on my father actually being with me.

Awkward silence filled the room now. We had so much to talk about but where do you start, about 30 years of catching up. My father looked around then finally was the first person to say something,"You want to go for a walk? ".

I looked around the smallish comic book store confused.

"In the comic book store ?"

My father shook his head then took me by the arm and led me to the front door. He closed his eyes for a short second while I stared at him as if he was absurd.

"Okay open the door, Sheldon." my father now said opening his eyes.

"I already tried it and it was stuck."

" Why don't you stop correcting me like you did when you were a kid and just listen." my father said with this smile like he missed it.

I sighed and rolled my eyes to only see the door actually open. My father gave me a 'i told you so' look which I just shook my head to disagree. I missed the arguments I used to have with my father on the most idiotic things even if he would get mad sometimes because I was too smart but sometimes it was actually fun.
-----------------------------------------------------------
We walked through the door like it was the closet leading to Narnia. On the other side we arrived to this open field.It had a small pond with a bench next to it and a wooden play park further on which you could hear the faint noise of children laughing. There was a couple of trees which provided shade. I looked around to only see that I have been here before. This was the park near my house back in Texas. This was the last time we went somewhere as a family. It was still during the time you could see my parents were trying to fix their marriage. They were trying to be happy for Missy,Georgie and me.