Chapter 14: Sometimes love doesn't win

Misery loves company

Chapter 14: Sometimes love doesn't win

Hey guys :) Back with another one. Just want to say thank you again for all the support and love. I would love to hear your feedback on this chapter but I hope you enjoy.

P.S does contains some things that are sensitive.
----------------------------------------------------------

Her eyes stole my heart,her smile gave me life ,her presence made me high, her touch left me breathless.~perry poetry
-----------------------------------------------------------

Amy's pov :

I woke up to Leo in my arms which he must have wiggled himself into when he arrived. I saw Penny and Mary there now but they didn't look happy but I assumed it was just from yesterday and everything.

"Morning. How's Sheldon doing this morning? " I asked knowing his surgery was successful but I wanted to know if he was awake yet.

Mary was in tears using Penny's shoulder for comfort. I started to get worried now.

"Mary why don't you take Leo to get some breakfast. I will fill her on everything. " Penny said comforting her.

Mary nodded then quickly wiped her tears," Leo sweetie let's go get some breakfast then you can come see mommy straight after ." she said trying to remain cheerful.

Leo said goodbye then hopped off the bed to go with Mary and they were both gone.

"What's going on ?" I asked.

"We were waiting for you to wake up sweetie. It's Sheldon. " She said trying not to cry.

"What happened ?"

"Ames. He flat lined. The doctors are trying to bring him back but it's been a couple minutes and we haven't heard anything. " Penny said with more tears now.

"No. No I refuse to believe that. He didn't say goodbye. He isn't gone. " I said refusing to believe what was being said.

I tried to get up and get the drips in my skin out but Penny pushed me back into bed.

"Penny let me go. I need to see for myself. " I said getting angrier now.

"You can't honey. They won't let you in. They are trying to revive him. We just have to wait. " Penny said more sternly.

"No he promised he would come back. He promised he would say goodbye if he couldn't. He didn't say goodbye. Penny please tell me this is some joke. " I said crying.

"I'm sorry . I wish it was. " She said sitting next to me as she hugged me.

"I should've stayed. I should've said goodbye. I can't lose him. Please I don't want to lose him. Sheldon please. If you can hear me please come back. Please. "

Penny pulled me in tighter not sure what to say listening to my crying as I could hear hers.

What was going on ? How could this have happened ? He said he would come back? He said I was his ticket back ? I was here and he wasn't. I then remembered Leo. My sweet little boy.

"Does Leo know ?" I asked.

"No he doesn't. Luckily he was with Wil when it happened and when they came back we decided to visit you instead. So he didn't think anything strange. I couldn't tell him Amy. I looked into his beautiful eyes that look so much like Sheldon's and remembered his scream yesterday when you collapsed. That piercing scream is still in my head Ames. I couldn't tell him. I'm sorry. " She said crying now.