Chapter 3: Two parts of one whole

Misery loves company

Chapter 3:Two parts of one whole

Hey guys :) I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who reads this. You people make me so happy. Also to the people who give reviews you make me smile more than you know. You are my motivation to write. Okay I just wanted to say thank you and I hope you enjoy this chapter even though it is sad.

P.s this can be sensitive for some people so please just be aware.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"the other night i cried because at some point in this lifetime i will have to say goodbye and not having you in my life breaks every part of me because you are my better half. "~kenzie lawson
-----------------------------------------------------------

Amy's pov:

The hospital looked larger than I remembered. It felt more intimidating and scary. We stood there outside the hospital not moving a muscle. We probably looked weird standing out there still but to us it was like time stood still while for others time moved on.

"I can't d..do this. I'm so..sorry I ne..need to g..go" I said barely able to speak.

I immediately turned around to go to the car but I wondered where I would go. Normally when life got to be too much for me I would run to Sheldon for comfort until I could stand again. Sheldon would hold me in his arms until I felt strong enough to support myself. He was my rock when I felt like I was drowning. Now I couldn't go to Sheldon for comfort because he was in the opposite direction. I couldn't do it though.

I couldn't bare to see tubes and wires coming out of him. I felt sick just thinking about it. I didn't want to have to say goodbye to him just yet. I still wanted years with him. We didn't have enough time. My heart ached at the thought of never seeing him again. He was my better half of one whole. Without each other we couldn't function. So my mind simply living in denial told me that if I didn't see him I wouldn't have to say goodbye,he wouldn't leave. So I told myself I needed to go, anywhere but here and tried to walk back to the car again.

Both Bernadette and Penny grabbed either arm and I just looked at them both and shook my head continuously. I fought to go back to the car but they were clearly both strong together.

" Pl..please don't ma..make me d..do this. I...I can't do this. I can't say good...goodbye yet." I was in tears now talking in between the sobs and still shaking my head.

"Ames sweetie I know this is hard but don't think like that just yet. Let's just see first. We need to do this and you need to do this to. You will regret it if you don't."Penny said wiping my tears.

"I can't lose him Penny. What about Leonard or the baby? What do I tell Leonard? How do I get up everyday knowing he isn't here Penny ? I can't,I just can't lose him." I said with my eyes filling up with tears once more at the realization that I could lose him.

"Ames,deep breaths okay . You got this and we will get through this together. Don't think like that unless it is absolutely necessary and we will take it one step at a time. Let's just see what is waiting on the other side first okay ?" Bernadette said rubbing my arm gently.

I took deep breaths like Bernadette said then nodded. We were all intimidated by this hospital and dead scared to go in to see what was waiting on the other side. Bernadette started taking deep breaths and held out her hand. I slowly followed Bernadette once again and held her hand. Penny did the same as the both of us and held my hand.