Chapter 8: We need people sometimes

Misery loves company

Chapter 8: We need people sometimes

Back with another chapter :) I want to thank every single person for reading my story. I know I say that alot but your support means the world to me. Hearing your thoughts on each chapter makes my day so thank you. I do want to say that I am posting every Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Back to the story then :)

P.S: This story does get more sensitive from the next chapter onwards but this chapter isn't to sensitive.
-----------------------------------------------------------

When all the dust is settled and all the crowds are gone, the things that matter are faith, family, and friends.
~Barbara Bush
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mary's pov:

Another day of all of this. Another day of this endless pain. Feeling this weight on my chest dragging me down everyday. I was so tired of all of this already. I haven't felt so hopeless in my life before,not like this. Not this fear that Sheldon isn't going to get better. I sat by the dressing table and realised how long I have been staying here instead of my home which wasn't far from here.

How much time I spent without knowing if my little boy is going to be okay. I tried to help where I could here. I tried so hard to remain positive but everyday was getting harder and harder. Looking at Leo everyday imagining the day Amy has to tell him his father isn't coming home. My son isn't coming home. My heart broke everytime.

Watching Amy hurt the way she did and try to keep it all together. To watch Penny drink her problems away at the expense of her liver as well as Leonard is going to ignore his problems until it gets so much he won't be able to bear it. Howard and Bernadette kept to themselves mostly. Everyone thinks they are the okay ones but they are putting up this wall around themselves terrified they are going to lose someone else to.

I looked at myself in the mirror to see new wrinkles forming and the bags around my eyes only getting heavier. I took the make-up to make myself look half decent so Amy didn't have to worry about me as much. I looked over at the dressing table next to the mirror was a photo framed in this black frame with the word Family at the bottom in gold. There I was with my three kids,my three joys,my three beautiful perfect children.

I wish I could go back there so I had all three of them with me. So I could hold onto them a little longer. They grew up to quickly and I wasn't ready. I'm not ready to lose one of them. Not now. I already lost so much. My dad,mom and husband. I couldn't loose my pride and joy to.

I prayed more than I have ever prayed in my life. Prayed for him to wake up so I can see his beautiful smile again. So I can listen to the way he talks about physics or how excited he gets when he sees trains. To see him get frustrated when he tries to get me to understand it and I can't. To watch him in love again. To watch him love his kid just as much as I have loved mine.

I wiped my tears that was ruining my makeup now and looked at the photo again.

"You are going to be okay Shelly. Just focus on getting home to us. Please just come home. " I said then got up before I would cry again.

I left to the kitchen to watch Amy sitting on the couch with Leo while she read to him. She smiled at me once I entered and made tea for all of us.

"Okay Leo. That's all for today. You read a whole page by yourself and I'm so proud of you sweetie. You did amazing. Go put your shoes on now so we can get going to school. " Amy said closing the book.