Chapter 01

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY01 Chapter 01

"This is a nice place, Kels," Sean said. He was watching Sammie as she sat on the couch, reading one of books that she bought with her. She used to be very... playful with the other kids. One day, she just stopped playing and insisted that she's fine with her toys and books. I wanted to ask her more, but she's the kind of kid who'd just shut you out if you insisted.

I was just waiting for her to confide to me.

"The security here is strict, so I'd inform them that you can visit us anytime," I said.

This co-parenting was hard. If I were to decide on my own, I'd rather raise Sammie alone. I could do that. I have a great job and a supportive family. But I knew that that would be unfair to her. Sean has been nothing but a wonderful father to her, and it would be unfair if I'd just shut him out of our lives because of something that was out of our control.

He didn't want what happened.

I didn't want what happened.

But it's here.

And we should just deal with it the best way we could.

Sean nodded. "Sammie said that there's a family day—"

"Do you want to come?" I asked.

I didn't tell him about it. I was still undecided. It was one thing to co-parent Sammie, but it's a whole other thing when we appear in public places. I hated how they all stare at us like we're some kind of spectacle...

I never liked being in the spotlight.

But ever since I got involved with Sean, it's like all eyes are constantly on me and I hated every second of it.

"I mean... if it's okay with you?" he asked.

I wasn't able to respond.

"If you don't want—" Sean said, but he stopped when he saw me smile. Sammie looked at us. I didn't know if she fully understood the situation yet. Maybe she was confused. I knew damn well that my parents were still hoping that Sean and I would be back together.

But I was sure that wouldn't happen again.

I just... don't want that kind of drama.

I liked things simple.

I wasn't built for that kind of thing.

"It's on Sunday, 10am. Let's just meet at the school," I replied, and then I walked towards my daughter.

* * *

The interior designer told me that she still needed at least 2 months to get everything done. My parents spoiled Sammie, so I wanted her new room in our new place to be as good as her room here at my parents' place.

I didn't want her to tell me that she wanted to go back here. This was supposed to be a temporary fix. We couldn't live there forever.

"Aww, my baby is so pretty," Mom said when she saw Sammie. She was wearing a white skirt and the polo-shirt of the school. She was also wearing the shoes Sean gave her the last time.

"Thank you, lola," Sammie replied, hugging and kissing her lola. No wonder why she got them both wrapped around her fingers. So bolera.

My parents couldn't go to the event because they needed to attend to something, so instead, they asked Sammie to perform the song and dance number for them. She danced and sang and my mom recorded everything. Dad was the first one to clap when the mini performance ended.