Chapter 06

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY06 Chapter 06

It has been unbelievably long since I'd been on a date. The last date I went to was with Sean—and that was easy because we'd been friends for the longest time, and I was really comfortable with him. I could show up in a shorts and shirt and we'd have a good time.

But with Eli? I wasn't sure.

I was feeling all kinds of pressure even though I knew that he'd probably be fine with whatever I wear.

"Niles," I called when I saw her on the hallway.

She stopped while she was holding a cup of milktea. "Yup?"

I took a deep breath. I felt embarrassed even to ask her this, but I didn't want to look overdressed or underdressed. I was the one who initiated the date.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure!" she replied, smiling. "Ano'ng meron?"

I looked down and I felt like what I was wearing was appropriate, but it wouldn't hurt to have another opinion.

"So... I'm going on a date—"

Her eyes widened. "What?! Seryoso?! Move on ka na kay—" she said and then paused and called Yanyan. "Sorry, pwede bang isama si Yanyan sa conversation? Promise, hindi niya ipagkakalat."

I looked at Yanyan and smiled. "Sure," I said. I always see Yanyan out on dates, so I guess I could really use her help, too.

"So, sino ka-date mo, Kelsey?" Niles asked.

Yanyan's eyes widened. "OMG! Kayo na ulit ni Doc Sean?!"

My eyes widened, too. "No!" I quickly said because rumors travel fast in the hallways of this hospital. I needed to put a stop to that pronto.

"Sino ka-date mo?" Yanyan asked.

"Eli."

"Ooh, sounds yummy! Doctor din? Nako, Kelsey, unsolicited advice pero lumayo ka sa mga Neuro—napaka-sakit sa ulo ng mga iyon! Akala mo regalo ng Diyos sa sangkatauhan," Yanyan she said.

"Grabe ka naman! 'Di naman ganon si Marcus," Niles interjected. They argued for a while and I just stood there silently until they reached an agreement that Marcus wasn't like that—whatever they meant.

"So, doctor ba?" Yanyan asked again.

I just shook my head. "No. He's a teacher."

Yanyan cooed. "Awww. Teacher Eli!" she said.

I just smiled.

This conversation was starting to feel weird.

"Saan ba date niyo?" Yanyan asked. She asked a hundred of questions while dragging me to the quarters. They made me sit down while Niles began to straighten my hair and Yanyan asked for my make-up kit.

This was weird, but also nice.

Ever since the whole fiasco with Sean, I kind of avoided my friends. They just wouldn't stop talking about Sean and I was really over that already. I knew that most of them have a crush on him, but if they really wanted him, they should go talk to him and not me.

"Ang ganda, Kelsey. Parang ready ka na rin sa canonization mo," Yanyan said, but Niles quickly hit her arm. "Aray naman! Bakit ba? Parang anghel kasi vibes nitong si Kelsey! Sakto pa na white button dress iyong suot niya."

Niles and Yanyan walked me out even though I told them that I could walk myself out.

"Gusto mo ba ng dating tips? Hindi naman sa pagmamayabang, pero master na ako sa dating," Yanyan rather proudly said.