Chapter 05

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY05 Chapter 05

I was busy minding my own business when suddenly, Sean was standing beside me. I slightly arched my brow as he slid a cup of coffee in front of me.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Coffee."

"Yes, but what for?"

"I know it's none of my business, but Eli," he said and then proceeded to sip a cup of coffee as he played oblivious.

"What about him?"

"The nurses—"

"And since when did you listen to gossip?"

He smiled at me like he was teasing me. "Why are you so pressed, Kels? I'm just asking."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the cup of coffee. "Because if I have a choice, I'd rather for people to stop talking about me," I said. But maybe it was because of the choices that I made—nobody told me that it was a good idea to marry Sean. I knew from the get go that he was still in love with someone else and half the hospital's in love with him.

"Sammie's also talking about him."

I groaned. "That kid!"

Sean laughed. "She just asked my opinion if she has to call him Papa."

I narrowed my eyes. "I really don't know where she gets it! We're both not like that!" I exclaimed. "Must be recessive genes!"

Sean laughed at me, still. "I just want to know if he's good to Sammie and to you—that's my only concern."

I stared at Sean. It was weird talking about Eli. There's nothing going on between us—sure, he gives me coffee every time he'd bring his mom for check-up, but that was it. He didn't even have my number—not that he asked for it, anyway.

"He's nice," I said because he really was.

"I'm glad to hear that, Kels," he replied with a genuine smile on his face. I knew that Sean's rooting for my happiness—that's why I could never really get mad at him. It wasn't his fault that his heart belongs to someone else. It wasn't as if he could force that... and it wasn't as if I wanted him to do that.

Eli was right—if it's really for me, I didn't have to force it.

What's meant for me will come to me eventually.

I just needed to be patient.

"But there's nothing going on," I said.

"Really?" he asked like he didn't believe me.

"We're just friends."

"That's not what I heard from Sammie."

I rolled my eyes. "You know that kid's not reliable."

Sean laughed. "Whatever you say, Kels," he replied, laughing.

"Shut up. Nothing's going on."

"Then why not try asking him out?" My eyes widened a little. Sean shrugged. "Maybe he's just shy? He looks shy."

I blinked. "What?" Sean smiled at me again. My lips parted. "You saw him!" I accused him.

"Just saw him while I was on duty."

"How? You're on the opposite side of the hospital!"

"I have feet, Kels. I can walk."

"Sean!"