Chapter 14

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY14 Chapter 14

I thought the call would be dropped, but at the very last second, I heard Eli's voice from the other end of the line.

"Bakit?" he asked.

"Can we talk?"

"Pwedeng bukas na?"

"Okay..." I replied. "I'm already outside, though," I continued. I know it's wrong to make people guilty for the choice you willingly made, but in this instance, I'd do the wrong thing... because I really didn't like this kind of silence between us.

I could last a whole week without hearing his voice, as long as I knew that we're good. But this kind of silence? I wanted to clear the air as soon as I possibly could.

What Eli and I have... it's a really good thing.

I'd protect it as much as I possibly could.

"But... I can go home if you really want to talk tomorrow," I added because I really couldn't guilt-trip this guy. He's too good. I just wanted to be good to him, too.

As I was waiting for a response from him, I heard the door opening. I looked at him and smiled a little. He was wearing a white t-shirt with the name of the school he graduated from and a navy-blue pajama bottoms.

"Hi," I said when he walked towards me.

"Bakit nandito ka?"

"I wanna talk."

"Pwede naman sa phone."

"Eli..." I said. "I'm sorry for how I acted the last time. I know it was wrong of me to be mad at you when you were only thinking about me. I'm really sorry."

He simply nodded. "Okay lang naman... Naiintindihan ko naman. Sasabihin ko sa 'yo agad lahat."

I shook my head. "You don't have to tell me anything."

His forehead was creased. "Kapag tungkol kay Sammie... hindi ko sasabihin?"

"Only when you think I have to know," I replied.

He stayed silent for a few seconds. "Paano ko malalaman kung—" he said, but we both stopped when we heard sounds from inside the house. "Gusto mong maglakad-lakad muna? Safe naman dito."

I nodded as we began to walk. It was already just 10pm, but there were no people outside. I looked up and saw that there were stars. The wind was cool against the skin, too. It felt perfect with Eli by my side.

"Kelsey."

"Hmm?"

"Paano ko malalaman kung dapat mong malaman?" he asked. And then I heard a deep sigh coming from him. "Mahal kita, alam mo 'yan, kaso... hindi ko anak si Sammie. Kayo ni Sean iyong magulang niya—"

I halted.

And looked at him.

I placed both hands on his shoulders and stared intently into his eyes. I saw his lips parted.

"Elias Jose," I called his name. He blinked. "I love you," I continued, enunciating each word clearly so that he'd hear them and hopefully... know that I meant them.

"Sean is Sammie's father and he's here to stay... but know that I love you and only you. Do you hear me?"

A small smile was starting to appear on his face.

I couldn't help but smile, too. His smile... it's infectious.

"Okay..." he said with a grin on his face.