Chapter 07

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY07 Chapter 07

'Good morning.'

'Good morning.'

'What time duty mo?'

'I have duty right now why?'

'Bawal magtanong? :('

I bit my lower lip as I forced myself not to smile. I was very much aware that I had people around me... and they were already curious. I was told that I'd been smiling a lot the past couple of days. They've been asking me if I was seeing someone—I was actually quite surprised that Yanyan didn't tell people about Eli. I guess I should've given her more credit.

"Naka-ngiti si doc..."

I shrugged as I placed my phone inside the pocket of my coat. "Memes," I simply said although I rarely open my sns accounts. I wasn't ashamed of my relationship with Eli—I would just rather keep it private. Based on experience, people tend to think that they have a say on your life just because they know a fragment of what's actually happening.

To save myself from trouble, I'd rather keep this private.

The duty was toxic, and it was already nighttime when I was able to take a breath. I rested my back against the cold wall and drew a deep breath.

I fished my phone from my pocket and saw a text from Eli.

'Galit ka ba? Sorry. Pasabi naman kung kailan ako pwede tumawag.'

'Hindi ako galit o nagtatampo. Alam ko naman marami kang ginagawa. Pasabi na lang kung kailan ako pwedeng tumawag o magtext.'

'Ingat and kain ka on time. Last na text na to baka makulitan ka sa kin.'

I closed my eyes and drew a deep breath. I forgot to reply! He must've thought that I was mad! It was really just quite hectic that replying slipped my mind.

I grabbed the granola bar from my pocket as I dialed his number. I didn't usually call people without texting first, but Eli told me that I need not do that with him. He said that I could call him anytime and if he didn't pick up, that meant he's busy and he'd text me as soon as he's got the time.

"Di ka na busy?"

"I'm free now," I said. "Sorry, I forgot to reply. I saw your text, but there was an emergency," I continued, feeling a bit guilty.

"Okay lang," he replied. "Tapos na ba 'yung emergency? Kung busy ka, okay lang talaga. Nagche-check din naman ako ng exam, e."

I smiled at the image of him checking exam papers. On one of our dates, he was so swamped with papers that he actually brought them with him. It was so cute to watch him grade the outputs of his students. He looked so cute when he was troubled as to what grade he'd put—to be honest, the output was terrible and not at all creative, but Eli said that the kid might be discouraged if he gives a low score, so he still gave a pretty good score—for the effort, he said. He's so adorable.

"No, I'm really free right now. What are you checking?" I asked and I felt myself relaxing as he described to me the drawings of his students. It was very evident in his voice how much he enjoyed what he was doing.

"You really love teaching," I stated.

"I mold the future of the country," he proudly stated.

"I admire your patience."

He laughed. "Sa 'yo din. Kita mo si Mama nung nasa hospital? Sobrang kulit. Buti pa mga bata cute sila... e 'yung matatanda?"

I laughed at his statement. He was kinda right, tho... It sometimes takes a lot of patience.