13: The Invisible House

Disclaimer: Do not own any of the harry potter characters except for my own! :)

Chapter 13: The Invisible House

            As we were walking up the steep hill, I felt my feet hit something, and then I made contact with the ground. My face did a face plant, as I groaned in frustration. We had been walking for hours, and I was running low on energy, not to mention I was already starving from earlier, but now I think my stomach was eating itself, and the lack of water was making me very dehydrated.

"Are you okay?" I heard Sam stop and ask me as I lay on the ground. The grass smelt a lot like some kind of mint, and it was fresh. I smiled into the grass; it sort of reminded me of Fred. I sighed as I finally sat up on the ground looking up at Sam, she looked awful. Her hair was a mess; there was dirt and blood covering her face and clothes. Her eyes had bags under them and her cheeks were hollowed. I saw Sam smile down at me. "Well thanks for that wonderful compliment, you know you're just as bad." She said with a smirk as I smiled.

"Probably worse, at least you are wearing some what normal clothes. I'm wearing these stupid tattered sweats and baggy shirt. I look like a bloody hobo..." I said with a grin as she smiled.

"Aw, but a cute hobo." She said with a grin as I rolled my eyes, she helped me up as I sighed. "I think we're almost there, the think is I just don't know how we're going to see it, if the person put some protective charms around it, then we might be wandering around for awhile." She said as I stared at her, how come she wasn't as tired as I am? "Because I think you used up a lot of energy on me last night, and when you healed me I think it gave me like this boost, plus I drank the water before we left. I told you get a drink, but no you're afraid it has bacteria in it." She said mocking me from earlier as I glared at her.

"Well you don't know what's in those waters." I said crossing my arms as she rolled her eyes.

"I told you, I've drank that water before when I was younger, and I've never gotten sick." She replied as I just shook my head, I was not going to give her the benefit to admit she was probably right, because that water was sounding really good right now. I turned around to see the small shape of the lake behind us sparkling in the sunlight. I then turned around to see Sam smirking.

"You do realize I can read my minds?" she asked with a smirk that reminded me of a Cheshire cat, sort of like the smirks the twins would make when they were up to no good.

"Well... let's move on." I replied hastily as I moved past her and continued walking, I turned around to take one last look over at that small town, with great hills behind the town, and they looked like they were hiding something behind those hills. But you know I couldn't get the feeling of familiarity from that place out of my gut. It seemed like I had been there before... but that would be impossible, there were millions of small towns like that, doesn't mean it was the small town that was by the Borrow. No impossible.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We had finally made it over the hills and onto flat landscape by mid-afternoon, I was guessing by the way the sun was positioned. There was really nothing down right next to the hills, except a dirt road leading to who knows where, but Sam felt like it was a good idea to take it, I followed in pursuit as we walked along the dirt road. I could feel my feet starting to blister, I had been walking all this time bare foot, but it wasn't too bad along the hills because they were covered in grass and somewhat soft. But the dirt roads were much worse, sometime I would step on something sharp, rocks, glass, twigs, anything, and it was causing my feet to really hurt.