17: Back to the Burrow

Disclaimer: do not own any of the harry potter characters

Chapter 17: Back to the Burrow

            I placed the hoodie over my head as I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. I was supposedly in disguise; this disguise was just like the disguise I wore when I was with the twins going to St. Ottery Village. I was wearing sweats, sneakers, which were twice my size, a white shirt and a hoodie once again. My hair was up in my hoodie, but I couldn't exactly pull off the disguise as well as last time without my glasses. I sighed, this plan had to work, we were going to go and find St. Ottery Village, and once we found the village I believe we could find the Burrow. The question was, just how long would it take and what we would do when we got to the burrow? Because I know for a fact no one was there anymore, they were all camping out at Aunt Muriel's. I heard a knock at the door accompanied with Sam's voice.

"Come on Marls. Time to skedaddle! Max is getting aggravated because he is running low on smokes! And he wants to get to the village before he completely runs out!" Sam yelled as I groaned, why that boy couldn't just quite! I opened the door to see Sam in the same get up as I was: sweats, hoodie, sneakers, and all sizes too big. I then looked over to see Max holding a rucksack looking aggravated.

"Can we go already men?" Max asked stretching out the last word with a smirk as I glared at him. He was lucky; all he was wearing was a white polo, shorts, sandals and sunglasses, along with his usual cigarette in his mouth. "I need to get to the village close by so I can get some smokes." He replied as I rolled my eyes.

"Can't you just wait until we get to St. Ottery Village?" I asked as he mimicked my eye rolling.

"No, because I don't know how far away that is, and I need my smokes." He replied and then walked out the door. I frowned, sometime that boy really irked me, but then again he did get his truck to work so I couldn't complain too much. I looked at Sam who shrugged and followed him in pursuit. Once we got to the truck he tossed the two rucksacks in the bag, one fill with clothes, and the others filled with water, and non perishable food for a couple of days. Just in case. Plus the guy was too cheap to actually use his money for anything other than smokes.

I looked at the old rusty red truck (yes I realize I said grey earlier, but I couldn't find a good picture for a grey truck so I changed it to red), it looked damaged and some part of me felt like we were just being punked. That it really wouldn't run. I looked inside the truck, there were only three seats inside, that meant one of us would have to be in the middle I for one was not going to be in the middle. Max hopped in the truck as he started it up, there was some kind of clanking noise, and then a loud hum of the engine roar. I looked nervously at the truck, was it going to explode? Once it started humming normally, Max had a wide smile on his face.

"That's my girl!" he exclaimed as he popped his head out of the window blowing out a puff of smoke. "Well you girls coming in or not?!" he exclaimed as I looked at Sam.

"Who is sitting in the middle?" I asked her as she smiled.

"You, of course, you're the smallest." She said as I glared at her.

"No way! I'm also the oldest, so I think you should sit in the middle!"

"Nuh uh. I hate the middle seat." She replied as I glared at her. "How about this? We play rock paper scissors, and whoever loses sits in the middle. Alright?" she asked as I looked at her apprehensively but agreed.

Well guess who lost.

"Come on dollface, turn that frown upside down. You should be ecstatic that you get to sit next to the hottest man in the world." Max said cockily as he blew another puff of smoke out the open window, we were driving on the dirt road with the truck making a few odd noises here and there. And there was I, sitting in the middle of Max and Sam, Sam had her window open as well as she stared out the window. I sighed; I always lost in rock, paper, and scissors, why did I agree to play that?