Chapter 30

Important Please Read

This chapter is based on few psychological behaviors like fear and depression. It is very common and can happen to anyone of us. The thing we all need to do is to be empathetic, hear them out and if required take them to a doctor.

Disclaimer: I am no expert in psychology but I have tried my best to explain the scenarios in simple words as per my understanding. So in case if you find any such areas which are not relatable to the subject please don't leave harsh comments. This is work of fiction and there is no intention of harming anyone feeling. 

Please do share your views.

P.S not an edited chapter so forgive me for any mistakes.

*****************************************

Widisha's POV

The next two weeks went as a haze. Everyone was busy with their term-end examinations, late-night revision, maggie, and tea/coffee became everyone's routine except for mine. That night had caged me into a shell that I was trying to break desperately but was failing miserably. Thankfully with the excuse of studies I was successful in avoiding everyone including Sam. She had asked me a thousand times what had happened but I couldn't tell her a single word. Every time she would ask me there would be a whisper in my head saying

"Remember Sam is his favorite sister".

"It was Sam who had introduced you to him"

"If she was not your roommate nothing would have ever happened".

I was fighting my inner demons against my best friend, with every such thought, I would get drown in the pool self-guilt. I couldn't face her even though she was always trying her best to cheer me up. I would sit up late studying so that she would finally give up and go to sleep without talking and in the morning even before she gets up I would leave for college so that I could avoid any sort of interaction.

In this chaos of emotional turmoil and pressure of exams, only a person I would find my solace in was Abhi. He didn't even utter a single word about that weekend nor did he asked me what happened with Raj. Instead from the next day onwards, he pushed me into my studies. We did our revision together, he knew how important my exams were for me and if it was not for him I don't know what I would have done. Because of his constant push and motivation, I was able to lock those memories behind and focus on my studies, but in the night when silence would dominate the surroundings, those nightmares would crawl into existence.

Every night would fright me with a new nightmare and from lack of sleep to no sleep. Closing my eyes would make my heart clenched with the fear of darkness.

In a common man's words, I shall be taunted, saying I was not sleeping before with my eyes closed?

For someone who can empathize, can imagine their vision is taken away from them in a fraction of a second, no one would hold you, no one to comfort you, your screams echos within the trapped wall, it's difficult for you to think whether you are alive or this is the darkness of death. All these feeling comes gushing down as soon as I close my eyes. The only relief during this time was my sleeping pills whenever my body gave up due to exhaustion and lack of sleep, these magical small pills rescued me from my torments. Though it was temporary I welcome them with my open arms.

Two weeks have passed and today was our last exam, and it was finally over. I kept my pen down answering the last question looking while around I saw Abhi was still scribbling his pen on the answer sheet hurriedly. Looking at the watch it was still twenty minutes left before the examiner comes to collect our paper. Taking this moment I silently thanked my fate for being kind to me for these two weeks. I have not come across Vansh or Raj even for once, I had successfully avoided Sam throughout the week also Chris maintain his distance except for his occasional teasing comment during lunch and dinner hours. I was pulled out of my thought with the voice of the examiner asking us to stop writing and submit our paper.