Chapter 13

Hi guys!

New Chapter is up.

Wish you all a very happy Navratri and Subhu Durga Pujo.

And a happy festive season ahead.

Stay Safe and healthy.

Not an edited chapter.

Enjoy Reading...

*****************************************

Widisha's POV

The entire car ride was silent. Everyone was in deep thought including me.

Chris came along with me and Mr.Raichand which I am thankful for. Sam and Abhi wanted to come but after one glare from Mr.Raichand, they stopped asking. I know it didn't go well with Abhi, his facial expression was very evident but I am somewhat selfishly thankfully that Chris came with me instead of anyone else.

There were millions of thoughts going through my mind, what if I know him, what if he has done this before and what if he is a psychopath. The familiar feeling of my heart thumping in my chest, my stomach knotting, and the bile rising through my throat was very evident that another panic attack was on the way. I closed my eyes and started to count my breath to calm myself down.

"Widisha we are here" I heard Chris. I looked toward my side and saw Chris was standing outside, he held the car door open for me. With a deep breath, I got out of the car.

"I am scared, I have never been to a police station before". I said nervously.

"I would be worried if you had". Chris said teasingly. This is what I like about him, he can lighten up anyone at any time.

I saw Mr.Raichand was talking with a man wearing a black coat, I am sure he must be the lawyer he is wearing an attire like one. I followed Chris Inside, I saw a few of the passing by people giving me a look. Why can't people mind their own business, the world will be such a wonderful place to live in.

Inside the police station was a little different from what I have seen in movies. The area was clean, people were busy with their work. Saw a lady crying along with a lady officer comforting her. I couldn't see any bars or cells in that particular room, still, it felt strange walking inside it. My parents will get a heart attack if they come to know about the entire situation. The thought of keeping them in dark about this still hurts me and I don't know whether I will ever be able to tell them about this.

"Hi, Widisha. How are you?" I was brought back from my trance mode and saw Kritika. She looked very different in her Khaki uniform. "I am doing good, thanks''. I said.

"Ok I will get straight to the point, there will be two guys inside the room. You just need to identify whether you know them or not, as they have confessed everything so no further investigation is required, just your final statement. We will take care of the paperwork". She said.

"What confession and you said, two guys?". I was confused.

"Early in the morning both of them had shown up in the police station demanding to meet DGP sir, they didn't open their mouth till the time sir was not here". She said, before I could ask anything more her phone rang.

"We need to go inside now, remember you don't need to say anything inside if you don't want to". She said, I just nodded.

As I went in, my eyes fell on two boys who were sitting on a wooden chair with a slouched shoulder, and with their head down, I could hear light sniffles coming from them.

The room was painted in white with concrete floors, I wanted to move my eyes to look around but my eyes were glued on those two boys sitting right in front of me. I wanted to know why. I was looking for my answers.