Chapter 31

Hello guys, I hope you and your family members are safe and healthy.

It's a scary situation out there across all parts of India.

Every morning I thank the almighty for keeping my family, friends, and myself safe.

If there is anyone out there going through a hard phase, I pray for the strength and wellness of your family.

Stay strong and be positive this too shall pass.

********************************

The chapter dedicated to my best friend Sonia.

Happy reading.

PS Not edited.

*****************************************

It was the last day of my vacation yes right, three weeks were gone and here I was sitting in my room along with my best friend packing my things back.

"You still have time to tell your parents about that psychopath Widisha". Sonia said after she was tired of giving me her death stare.

"I know but I can't they will worry too much moreover Raj has only six month of his college left and also in that four month is his internship I think two months can be manageable". I tried explaining to her.... Well, I had lost the count now.

The first day when I landed at the airport, mum and dad both had come to pick me up. It was close to six months that I had not met them so I couldn't hold back my tears when mom engulfed me in a hug. I cried standing in the middle of the airport and I didn't care if people were watching it was my moment I was longing for so many days with my parents.

It was three hours drive from the airport to my house but I have nothing to complain I enjoyed every bit of it. My parents couldn't stop asking me about college and I did share all the details except about Vansh and Raj also the incident on the day of fresher.

Stepping out of the car I was greeted by grandparents and a big surprise by my best friend Sonia. She said she was not going to make it because of her practicals such a liar. I was so overwhelmed the entire time. Tears of happiness were constantly on the brink of my eyes and I was only welcoming them with open arms.

Sonia and I have been best friends since kindergarten and except for our facial structure and hairstyle, we are completely matched made in heaven. Our height, eye color, weight, size.... everything is the same since childhood and till now nothing has changed. We asked our moms multiple times that were there any possibility that we could have been long-lost sisters but sadly it was not the case.

I went up to my room and a smile lit up on my face. Mom has kept everything as I had left it. My room was colored in purple and white shade, it was nothing fancy as I like it simple but I did have an entire wall dedicated to bookshelves full of books. They were my prized possession.

Days went by overstuffing myself with the home-cooked delicacy by grandma and mom. We do get good food in college but nothing can beat home food. Mom took me shopping although I hate it, on a good note she also got me a couple of novels so it was a win-win for both of us. The evenings were spent with Sonia either at my place or hers. We did visit our old school and it was a nostalgic feeling for both of us. Can't believe that we had spent fourteen years in this place and now we were in college.