Chapter 1

1 year ago

"You will break. But oh, you will also heal" –k.a.

I was thinking about the events that happened today, I couldn't stop the smile that took over me. Best birthday ever!

As I was pondering, I heard Hanan calling, "Raya the party's over, let's go home, I am super tired", Hanan groaned. "Yah Yah woman, let's get our ass out of here."

"Have you seen Omar and My man?" I asked. "Your man?" Hanan chuckled, "fine, our man. You should tell him before it's too late Hanan." "Come on Ray, he barely notices me." Hanan sighed. She has been my best friend since diaper days. She has a wild spirit, but a soft heart and such a sweet soul over all. She's 5'4 and inherits her mother's green eyes. "You need to talk to him han, I'm sure he likes you too" I assured.

 "We'll see Ray, could we just go home? We've got school tomorrow and I still haven't completed my Math assignment", she grumbled. The party really drained her, "Yeah girl, give me a second, I'll let Omar know that we are leaving", she just nods looking at the floor. I reached down for my backpack and took my phone out. It showed 3% Damn I really should have charged before I left home.

I decided to voice mail him because there's no way he's going to answer my shitty call. "Hey Omar, Han and I are leaving. Go home safely and I'll see you tomorrow", I said and put back my phone. "Han lets go".

While we were waiting for our cab, Hanan suddenly gasped, "Shit Ray! I left my purse in, I'll go get it wait for me", Hanan said and jolted back inside. I shook my head and was admiring the view in front of me. The wind brushes against my body making goose pimples run up my skin.

Suddenly, I see a car coming towards me real fast. My whole body froze and my mind stayed on what could happen.

The next thing I know, I was on the ground and my whole body was numb. "Murad Murad Murad" I heard a woman say weakly. And slowly I felt black dots fill my eyes and I welcomed darkness.

-

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!

Please vote and comment:)