Chapter 10

"Everything happens for a reason, including us."- Mark Anthony

RAYA'S POV

As soon as we came to school, Hanan and I walked towards our locker. I took out my books for the day. "Pst pst" I glanced at Hanan and gave her a questioning look.

She nod her head to my left and I peeked where she was glancing. My breath hitched for a second, It...It's him. As he caught me staring at him, a smirk tweaked across his chiseled face. HUH? chiseled? Subhanallah what was that?

I quickly averted my gaze. WAY TO GO RAYA! This is so embarrassing. I turned to Hanan and she chuckled. "Will you stop it!?" I whisper- yelled. "Geez woman, calm down" she raised her hands in surrender.

I could feel my cheeks heating up as I saw him walking past us to his locker, he turned around one more time and wait what? did he just wink!?

Oh wow, I'm getting out of here. I pulled Han with me and stomped my feet towards our first class. Once we were settled, Han mumbled something. "Sorry?" I asked. She sighed heavily, "Last night Zaroon called and when I answered him, he declined. I hope he's okay..." "Oh" I thought. "Well, you can meet him during lunch." I said. "It's not like he'll come Ray, don't you see he...he's avoiding." she muttered. "Wait and see Han." I whispered I'm not sure if she heard me as she was deep in her thoughts. 

I looked around the class, saw the seats fill and then looked at the window besides me and I could see the football team starting off with their practice session. 

After some time I caught a glimpse of Murad walking with his coach to the field, then he jolted back to his place and his dark brown locks bouncing as he went, what a sight. I sighed. Why do I feel this way towards him? Do I like him? But what if it was him? He'll hate me forever if he gets to know that I was present when his parents passed away. I could've saved them, but I couldn't. I was afraid and flabbergasted. I was off- balance, but if I was strong enough, I could've saved them before the car blasted. I keep on blaming myself for it.  I sighed. " Good morning class! Let's begin, shall we...?" 

[LUNCH BREAK]

I'm so tired after Math class, I just want to go out and forget about numbers right now. TWO WHOLE PERIODS OF MATHS!! UGH, I'm gonna skip Math tomorrow. After what took like ages, the lunch bell finally rang. 

With that I walked out to the cafeteria and slumped down on our table. "Sup girl?" asked Hanan. She gave a perplexed look and said " Math really drained you honey." she chuckled. "Sure it did." I groaned.

"Hey guys!'" Omar plopped down besides me. Zaroon nodded at me and sat beside Hanan. I smirked at him and he rolled his eyes. As he tried to have a small conversation with Hanan, she blushed! aww...they're just so cute, I totally ship them together!!!

"Raya, I need help with Bio." Omar said while stuffing his burger in his mouth. I chuckled at the sight, "Sure Omar." With that, we continued our conversations, but a part of me misses those particular grey orbs. I wish I could see them again...

-