Chapter 2

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett

(Present day)

Raya's POV

"No...No..." sweat rolled down my face, my eyes snapped open and my heart racing. I wiped the dampness off my face. God! Can't a day pass without a nightmare?!

It's been months since I've had a good sleep. Sighing heavily I looked for my phone, it's 7'o clock already so I decided to go freshen up for school.

I pushed the covers off of me; slid out of my bed and went for a nice hot shower.

(Raya's outfit for the day)

After I was done dressing, I checked myself one last time in my mirror. Okay let me clarify few things about me, I'm 5'3, and I get my honey brown eyes from my dad and I'm 18. I always want to be this woman who overcomes obstacles in faith rather than tiptoeing around people in fear, who worships in awe of your goodness instead of worrying about the 'what if's'. Yah I read this somewhere and I fell in love with it ever since.

I smiled at myself and walked down the stairs. "Oh Raya you're up!" my mom said and passed me my breakfast. I took a bite of my pancake and a moan escaped my mouth. "Mom, you make the best pancakes! No kidding." "Oh hell I know Raya!" my mom said laughing and I chuckled. She is such a strong woman, I love my mom and I adore her kindness. She's always been through my hard times, but hey that's what moms do yah?

"Mom, where's dad and the twins?" I asked. "Dad left for work, something came up so he had to leave early and the twins, oh god I need to wake them up", she sighed. "Oh I'll go wake them up", an evil smirk took over me.

I looked around and saw peanut butter and olive oil on the kitchen counter, I took both the bottles and jolted upstairs to the twins' room. Ladies and gentlemen, let the game begin!

-

Lmao wanna know what happens next?

Please vote and comment:)