Chapter 11

"If not now, then when?" - Unknown

RAYA'S POV

I left my books back in my locker and walked down the hallway to my last detention. My heart hammers just thinking about him. Will he be there?

It's not like I'm looking for him...but a little part of me wishes him to be there. Why do I sound like a love sick puppy? What the hell is wrong with me? I mentally scold myself. Breath Raya, he's not gonna be there. It's just another detention. You're not gonna do anything silly.

As I reached the detention class, I took a deep breath and walked inside. Suddenly, everything around me blurred and I could see him at the back of the class, looking outside the window. The sunlight touched his face and his grey orbs shined as he looked outside, he sat there thinking about something so deeply. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Suddenly, he turned and glanced at me like I was his world. My cheeks abruptly heated up, making him what looked like satisfied? 

Miss Liya wasn't in class yet so, I left my slip on her table and turned around. He waved at me and I waved back. It's gonna be a long day, Raya brace yourself girl, I sighed heavily.

"You can sit here." He pointed to the seat beside him, I nod awkwardly and slowly walked up to him. I sat beside him and could feel his intense stare . "You're so beautiful." He whispered. My eyes widened in shock. "Oh...uhm  tha...thankyou?" I stuttered and it came out more like a question which made him chuckle.

"You don't look like someone who'd get themselves into detention, why are you here?" He asked narrowing his eyes. And then I had to explain him how Omar decided to annoy me during class, made me snap at him and how Sir thought that I had said it to him and "Now here I am" I said. He listened to me patiently. "You're feisty huh? I like it." He whispered. I looked away, I could feel my cheeks redden as he said it. Why are his words affecting me? Get yourself together Raya. "Hey, look at me..." Murad said. My body instantly turned towards him as if he was controlling me. Oh God! I almost got lost in his grey orbs with specks of blue. They looked magnificent. Wait, what? What am I even thinking? This is getting awkward. "Uhm, what about you? how'd you get yourself in here?" I asked. Before he could answer, Miss Liya walked in. Thank God!

I slowly peeked at him  and found him looking at me intensely. Uhm...what now? I sighed heavily and laid my head on the table. It was getting pretty boring and the thought of Murad sitting beside me makes me feel goosebumps up my skin.

I'm feel so tired today, I looked around one more time and then at Murad, he was busy looking outside the window. Does he feel the same way as I do? I feel so nervous around him, he turned to me and I smiled at him, with that I went into a deep slumber. 

"Hey, hey Raya? Wake up." I felt someone nudging my shoulder. I let out a yawn and opened my eyes. Where the hell am I? Ah detention. "It's time, let's go shall we? I heard Murad suddenly making me jump. Did I just yawn in front of him? I gasped. Unintentionally making him chuckle. "You okay?' he asked softly. "Uhm yeah..." I whispered.

After Miss Liya left, he asked "How are you going home?" "I was gonna call my brother Ayaan to pick me up." "Oh, well let me give you a ride..." He said. His grey orbs shining full of life making me get lost in them. "Raya?" "Hey, you okay?" He chuckled. And then it hit me. I was GAWKING at him. Damn it Ray! I quickly averted my eyes. " Let's go." he murmured and I nod in return.

He suddenly held my hand and walked outside to the spot where his car was parked. I couldn't take my eyes off our hands. It felt right. He made me feel like I was his world and I'm not down when he's around me. He opened the passenger seat door for me to get in. What a gentleman.

What am I doing? I'm scared I'll fall for him. The effect he has on me makes me go insane, he even said I'm beautiful earlier. Oh God, where is this going? Just the thought of him makes me fall for him. I... I like him? I guess I do...Does he feel the same?

MURAD'S POV 

As I stepped inside my car, I found Raya lost in her own thoughts. I started my Ferrari and it roared back to life. 

"Nice car

"Nice car. A Roma? not so soft, I like it." I heard Raya. "You know cars?" I asked amusingly and she smirked. "Maybe...I love how it's designed, not like some wind tunnel." She mumbled as I drove off. She's full of surprises.

"My grandparents gifted it to me." "Oh...nice." She whispered. My grandparents are rich. My parents told me that my grandparents weren't very happy about their marriage. We barely met them. However, they showed up for our parent's funeral and wanted Erum and I to move back to Turkey with them, but I refused. I couldn't just leave this place...this is all I have in remembrance of our parents. I sighed heavily and turned to look at the angel sitting beside me. We were in comfortable silence. 

"Raya...there's something that I need to tell you." I said softly. "Oh uhm...okay" She replied confusingly. "Can we grab something from here? I'm starving." Raya said pointing at McDonald's. "Yeah, sure" I said. I parked my car, we both got out and ordered what we wanted. I pulled out my wallet to pay. "Heyy! Lemme pay, alright?" She said. "Oh look!" I pointed at the corner table and she turned around to see, I took the chance and paid the cashier. She turned around and realized what I just did. "You did not!" She huffed. "Let's take a seat, shall we angel?" I smirked making her blush. Once we sat comfortably, she whispered "So, you...you said that you wanted to tell me something?" She stuttered. "Ah right! Yes." "Okay so, I may have done something..." I mumbled and she narrowed her eyes. Okay why is this so hard! I sighed heavily.

I took a deep breath and continued. "Look Raya, I like you. The first day I set my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. I've never felt this way towards anyone, so I may have sort of met your parents and..." "YOU WHAT!?" she whisper yelled before I could finish. Wait...does she not like me? Oh what have I done?

-