eighteen

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

-Nelson Mandela

{edited 04.14.21}

[NSFW WARNING]

"I can't watch," Delaney mumbled,  her face screwed in uncomfort. She stood between Ian and Mandy, watching her boyfriend get the shit beat out of him. 

"First round! Go to your corners!" The ref called, leaving a battered and bloodied Lip to make his way over his friends.

"Oh hey Mandy," Lip began taking a seat on the stool Ian had pulled up. 

"You know you're supposed to hit him back right?" Ian asked his older brother.

"Fuck that kid hits hard," Lip groaned as Delaney took the wet rag from Ian, placing it on her boyfriend's eye.

"Well, what did you think this was gonna be?" Many asked, to be honest, Delaney had been thinking the same thing.

"Speaking of, I'm still not okay with this," Delaney gave the older boy a look before continuing to wipe away the excess blood.

"Listen, okay look at me," Ian began, "You wanna throw in the towel?"

Lip looked towards his girlfriend, wanting to gauge her reaction. Delaney sighed before stepping away from him, "Go, kick his ass." She sighed in defeat.

Looking back to answer Ian's question, Lip smiled, "I would if I was smart."

[•]

As the four of them walked out of the building, Delaney hung back with Mandy. 

"So you must be excited to have Mickey back," The girl began. The two girls had gotten closer over the end of the school year, with Delaney constantly around Lip and Ian the two supposed it was bound to happen. 

"Eh I guess. Honestly I don't really care," Mandy shrugged before eyeing the other girl.

"So are you and Lip fucking now?" 

"What?" Delaney choked out, "I uh- I guess so? I mean we haven't really done anything," 

Mandy raised her eyebrows at this, a teasing look on her face. "You're not a virgin are you Rodriguez?"

Delaney rolled her eyes before playfully shoving the other girl. "Nah. Lost it to Tyler Kaufman when I was 15."

"Quick Cum Kaufman?" Mandy laughed.