fifteen

"The way he looked at you. I got it then. He loved you, and it was killing him. He won't get over you, Clary, he can't."
― Cassandra Clare

{edited 04.13.21}

Delaney entered the Gallagher household, a brown paper bag packed with warm biscuits tucked under her arm. 

"Biscuits fresh from the diner!" She called as she tossed the bag onto the kitchen table. Carl and Debbie making a beeline for the bag. 

"Another one?!" Bob, Delaney assumed, spoke.

"Oh, I'm not one of Monica's"

"Then why the hell are you in our house?" The older woman sneered. 

Delaney was stunned for a moment, "Oh! Uh- well I-"

"Why are you?" Ian retorted to the woman. 

"Alrigt kiddos!" Monica spoke up, clearly trying to prevent the situation from escalating.

Ian, his attention back to Monica frowned. "Where are our lunches?"

"Huh?" 

The red-headed boy frowned, "Fiona always has our lunches."

Delaney watched with the other Gallaghers as Monica hurriedly made 4 lunches and after what seemed like the most awkward 5 minutes of her life, the kids were finally being ushered out the door.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." Lip nodded before turning to his friend. 

"We'll be outside." Delaney gave the boy a soft smile before turning towards the door, exiting the Gallagher house.

"I miss Fiona," Debbie sighed as the four of them walked slowly. Delaney frowned, "I know Debs. Hey how about I stop by tonight to help with your re-election poster? You are running again aren't you?" She spoke trying to distract the girl. 

Debbie perked up, "Yeah! Do you think we could use glitter? Oh! And some paint?" she listed off excitedly.

Delaney let out a small laugh, "I'll see what I can find okay?" Debbie was about to speak again when she heard a door slam. Low and behold there came Lip storming out of his house, his mother trailing behind him. 

"Lip! Please," She called before catching up to him. Delaney stood next to Debbie, trying to give her friend as much privacy as possible during his conversation with his mother.