six

"Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve." 

– Mary Kay Ash

{edited 04.11.21}

"So how did the thing with Mr

"So how did the thing with Mr. Perry go?" Delaney asked her best friend as she sipped from the beer in her hand. The two teens sat in the back room of the diner, both avoiding as many responsibilities as possible.

"Oh shit, yeah uh, Fi snatched some old lady from the retirement home and they believed it." He laughed. Delaney smiled at the boy.

"No shit? That's cr-" Delaney was cut off by someone calling her name. She quickly took the beer bottles and hid them behind containers of food.

"Yo Del, there's so- oh shit, hey I'm Matt." An older boy introduced as he walked towards the two.

"Matt, Jesus fucking christ you scared the shit out of me. I thought you were Barry. Old fuck is always trying to get me fired." Delaney swore before reaching and grabbing the two hidden beers, hanging one back to Lip.

Lip studied the boy. He was tall, pretty built, more than Lip was. He had brown shaggy hair and dark green eyes. The boy was pretty attractive, but of course, Lip would never admit that he felt insecure about the others boy's looks.

The one thing Lip didn't fail to notice was the way this boy was looking at his best friend and more importantly how his best friend was looking back. And he would deny it if anyone ever asked, but he was jealous. Sure Delaney had had some boyfriends here and there but he had never seen that look.

But what did Lip care, he had Karen.

"I'm Lip." The boy nodded his head towards the green-eyed boy before taking a swig of his beer.

"Cool name. That short for Phillip?" Matt asked. Lip didn't answer, only raising his eyebrows slightly at the new boy.

"Okay well uh, hey Del, I wanted to see what you were up to tonight? There's this new movie playing at the old theatre near the alibi, I can get the keys from my cousin and sneak us in there after it closes if you want." The green-eyed boy smiled towards the younger girl and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Wait how even old are you?" Lip asked, not bothering to hide the rude way he asked.

"19." Matt answered, not breaking eye contact with the girl. Lip rolled his eyes before taking another swig of beer.

Delaney smiled before looking towards her friend.

"I'd love too, but Lip and I have plans after my shift ends, I'll let you know if plans change though." She offered a warm smile towards the older boy before turning towards her friend and grabbing his arm, pulling him out of the back room. "See ya later Matt!"

[•]

"So, 19 huh? Didn't know you were pining after older men." Lip laughed, shoving his hands in his pocket as he jogged to catch up with his best friend.

"Fuck you Gallagher."

"When and where? Or am I not old enough?" Lip jibed back. Delaney rolled her eyes before walking slightly faster.

"So you're fucking him now?" Lip asked with a dry laugh.

"None of your fucking business Phillip."

"Don't call me that, and yeah it fucking is my business as your best friend. I'm supposed to know what guys you're fucking so when he cheats on you or gets you pregnant I can beat the shit out of him."

"I'm not gonna get pregnant, jesus fucking christ I'm 16."

"So was your mom." Lip yelled. Delaney stopped and turned towards the boy. She marched towards him angrily.

"Fuck you." The girl shook her head as she started the walk back to her house.

"Lanes! Wait, fuck I-"

Delaney turned around to face her friend before yelling. "Why don't you go fuck Karen! Careful! Wouldn't want you getting her pregnant." She turned around before stomping off.

Lip sighed. He had fucked up.

AN: Another chapter down, this ones a little shorter than the others but I'll make it up to you soon I promise. Meanwhile vote and comment! Let me know what you think. Tell me what you'd like to see happen in this story, I love hearing new ideas.