nine

"Hello, gorgeous." 

- Funny Girl

{edited 04.12.21}

It had been a few days since the two teenagers had shared a heated make-out session. And it definitely left Delaney more than just confused. Did she like Lip? Of course, as a friend. Did Lip like her? He couldn't, he seemed infatuated by Karen. In fact, ever since the two shared a kiss, Lip had been so far up the Jackson girl's ass, she wasn't sure if he could see the light.

"Sweetheart?" Her mother asked from beside her.

Delaney looked towards her mom, signaling for her to continue as they made their way to the school.

"Everything alright? You're usually never this quiet."

Delaney let out a soft sigh before smiling towards her mother.

"Yeah mama, I'm just tired."

"Alright well, you can talk to me about anything okay my love?"

Delaney rolled her eyes before glancing out the window, preparing herself for the lecture she was about to receive. While her mother babbled on, Delaney couldn't help but let her mind wander to the event that had taken place a few days before.

*Earlier that week*

The boy's lips crashed into hers, taking her completely by surprise. She wasn't sure why but as soon as she realized what was happening, she started to kiss the boy back. She's later come to blame the alcohol in both of their systems though she knew she had sobered up since the actual wedding. One of his hands moved their way around her bare waist while the other came up behind her head, tangling his fingers in her hair and tugging her closer. Their mouths both moving quickly and rough against one another. Lip's tongue dragged against her mouth, his tongue asking for entrance. Delaney refused for a moment before parting her lips slightly, allowing their tongues to move with one another. The room was silent apart from their heavy breathing and fervent kissing. The boy slowly walked the girl backwards, waiting until she reached the bed to push her down lightly. Delaney crawled up towards the top of her bed as Lip tugged off his shirt, throwing it god knows where. Once Delaney was settled, Lip's mouth instantly reconnected with hers, his hands placed on either side of her head holding himself up. There was a sudden ringing, Delaney pulled away before starting to sit up.

"Ignore it." Lip whispered, bringing his mouth back towards the girl's. Delaney nodded and continued to kiss her best friend. The ringing soon started again causing Delaney to sigh and sit up slightly reaching for her phone.

"Hello?" She asked. Lip took this opportunity to lean forward and start placing little kisses on her neck, satisfied with the way her breathing had faltered slightly. He sucked and bit at the base of her neck, determined to leave a mark so the next day he would be reminded of the events that were currently taking place.

"Yeah Ian, he's here," Delaney spoke, her voice shaking slightly as Lip made his way to her chest, kissing above where the cup of her bra ended. Lip paused to look up towards the girl, curious as to why his brother was calling.

"Yeah, I'll tell him, okay bye," Delaney spoke quickly, hanging up the phone before pushing her friend off of her.

"Wha-" Lip began but was abruptly cut off by Delaney who sat fidgeting with a piece of her hair. 

"Karen stopped by at your place, she's looking for you."

*Present day*

Delaney leaned her forehead against the passenger window of her mother's car, letting the cool glass calm down her warm skin. She had wished things hadn't gone the way they did. I mean not to say she didn't enjoy it, because she did. Absolutely. But you can imagine telling the guy you're currently making out with that the other girl he's fucking is at his house, can be a real mood killer. Lip left immediately after, not saying a word. She imagines he was feeling as embarrassed as she was, especially considering it was quite obvious he was going to have to relieve himself with Karen due to the previous events. Delaney wasn't sure what she would say to the boy if she saw him.

Maybe a quick 'Hey, you left your tie at my house. You know, the one you threw off of yourself when we were making out?' or possibly even 'Hey! Sorry for giving you blue balls when you were practically on top of me, hope we can still be friends!'.

Obviously, her ideas weren't the best.

[•]

"Mrs. Rodriguez, your daughter has so much potential, she's exceeding in my class. Her writing skills are better than some college students that I've seen! She just needs to apply herself more, recently, some of her homework assignments have been late, now like I said she's doing very well, my biggest concern is her falling behind due to tardiness. I recommend-" Delaney listened as the teacher continued to talk to her mother, out of the corner of her eyes, she noticed the Gallagher family pass by the door to the classroom, stopping to talk to one another in the hallway. Delaney wasn't sure what had gotten into her as she excused herself stating she needed to use the restroom, but made her way towards the Gallagher family.

"Delaney!" Carl yelled out as he spotted her coming out of the classroom. Delaney smiled at Carl's wide grin, watching as he ran over to the young girl launching into a hug. The second youngest Gallagher boy had a connection with the girl. She had babysat him many times when the rest of the family was busy, she even helped him with his explosive science fair project. That was fun.

"Hey Carl, did you get in trouble again for bringing the bat to school?" The girl laughed, hugging the younger boy back.

"Yep, almost got expelled." Ian piped up, "Hey Lanes." He smiled, coming in for a hug as well. This was definitely a family of huggers. The rest of the Gallaghers said hello, except for the one Delaney had been hoping to talk to the most.

"Delaney, why don't you come over for dinner tonight? It's been a while since we've seen you, I'm used to seeing you every day! What happened?" Fiona asked, a look of worry on the young adult's face.

"I've uh- just been busy with work." Delaney frowned, taking a quick glance towards the oldest son, Delaney felt a small rush of anger before turning back towards Fiona and speaking up once more.

"I'd love to."

Fiona smiled, and nodded, getting ready to lead her family out of the school.

"I'll be right back, I need to go tell my mom." Delaney smiled towards the family before turning her back towards them and heading back to the classroom. Before Delaney had a chance to enter the room, she felt a hand grab her arm. Delaney turned her head slightly, already knowing who it was. 

"Hey, can we talk?" the voice asked.

This was going to be a long night.

AN: I'm trying not to change too much, but there have definitely been some major changes hehe