seven

"We rob banks."

- Bonnie and Clyde

{edited 04.11.21}

Lip hadn't gotten a chance to apologize to his friend

Lip hadn't gotten a chance to apologize to his friend. It had been a busy couple of days for the Gallagher family, what with Debbie stealing a kid and all. So you can imagine his surprise when he opened the front door to see her standing there.

"Hi." She whispered, not breaking eye contact with her sneakers.

"Hey." Lip replied back. There was a definite awkward silence floating around, Lip and Delaney had never fought that big. Well, maybe except for that one time when Lip tried to sell one of her favorite dolls when she was a kid.

"I uh- I'm here for Veronica and Debbie. We're supposed to go pick items for her wedding registry." Delaney spoke softly looking up towards the boy, offering him a small smile.

Lip rolled his eyes before pulling his best friend into a hug. "I shouldn't have said that, about your mom. I'm sorry."

Delaney tightly wrapped her arms around Lip's waist, hugging him back.

"I'm sorry too. I don't know for what but I figure I'll fuck up eventually." She whispered into the boy's chest.

Lip let out a small laugh and smiled before pulling the younger girl inside.

"Hey Del, you eat yet?" Fiona asked noticing the girl as she walked into the house.

"No, I uh- I came straight here."

"Come try this lasagna, it's incredible." Fiona encouraged the younger girl. Delaney loved Fiona. It was the closest thing she had for a sister and she was exceptionally grateful. Especially for the number of times Fiona had saved her ass from trouble. Being best friends with Lip definitely gets you a reputation with law enforcement.

"Mmph." Veronica moaned as she took another bite out of the platter. "Tell your friend I'll crap on a paper plate if it means I can get some of this grub."

Delaney snagged Lip's fork and took a bite.

"Hey!"

"You're right this is good." The girl laughed before passing the fork back to her friend.

[•]

Delaney sat across from where Veronica stood. Watching in awe as Sheila worked her magic on her dress.

"Now you don't have to go too crazy Sheila but as close to Vera Wang as you can get." Veronica laughed.

"Oh, you are going to make a beautiful bride," Sheila smiled.