two

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney

{edited 04.11.21}

[•]

[•]

"Bullshit!" Delaney argued. Her arms immediately crossing over her chest.

"No, I swear! I had to jump out of the window!" Lip defended. He was currently explaining how his elaborate idea to get Ian head from Karen hadn't exactly gone to plan.
"So what about Ian, is he okay?"

"Yeah he's fine," Lip sighed leaning against the wooden headboard of Delaney's bed. "But Karen told me he was as limp as a wet rag."

Delaney shuddered as she changed in her bathroom.

"Well, how do you feel?" Delaney called from behind the door. "I mean about the whole gay thing."

She frowned as she heard her friend take a large deep breath before speaking.

"Ian's my brother, and I'll support him no matter what, I just know there are gonna be some people who aren't so understanding. I just don't want him to get hurt" The boy sighed, shutting his eyes momentarily.

Delaney emerged from her bathroom, "Ian's lucky to have a brother like you. And who knows, maybe things will be different, times are changing you know? I bet in a few years nobody's gonna care if you're gay or straight."

Lip admired the girl's optimism, however, he knew she had a habit of ignoring the negative.

"Yeah.., maybe." Lip fed her a sweet smile.

"Exactly! Now zip me up."

[•]

Delaney stepped into the threshold of the Gallagher household, instantly overcome with the smell of pancakes.

"These frozen?" She asked as she made her way into the kitchen.

Carl Gallagher, the second youngest shook his head fervently, not bothering to respond as he shoved another fork-full into his mouth.

"Steve made breakfast." Debbie grinned, sipping her glass of milk.

Delaney's face filled with confusion once more, "Who the hell is Steve?"

"I'm Steve." A new voice spoke up from the stairs. The girl watched as this unknown 'Steve' made his way into the kitchen.

'Another one of Fiona's prospects?' Delaney wondered to herself.

"Delaney, Steve -- Steve, Delaney." Lip introduced the two unfamiliars briefly. He pulled Delaney along with him over to the table.

"Delaney is Lip's-" Fiona began, reaching for the watered-down milk in the fridge.