Texting

Sami was packed and out my house by 1pm. I couldn't help thinking about her for the rest of the day.
My mind raced with all the silly glimpses of her face. She was perfect, but it broke my heart knowing that she doesn't think of herself that way.

I paced the house, not knowing what to occupy my mind with.
Not that I could, or would want to, get her out of my head.

My legs were tired, so I grabbed my phone then threw myself onto the couch.
Texting her might be annoying but ringing her would be too pushy. Anyway, I knew she hated phone calls.

She always claims to be an overly awkward person.
Come to think about it, she was.
I liked that about her.
I liked a lot about her, needless to say.

I scratched my beard while flicking through my contacts. She was directly in the middle, but hard to miss.
I hesitated to click her name.
Her photo caught my eye when I tapped her number. The messaging screen came up a few seconds later.

My thumbs held themselves idle about 5 millimetres aways from the screen.
I couldn't think of what to say.

"Hey" I sent with a smiley face.
About a minute went by when I noticed the 'read 6:36 pm' appear under the message.
Soon after three dots flowed across my screen, indicating that she was replying.
A smile spread across my face.

"Hey how are you? xx"
My heart skipped a beat.
I wasn't expecting those kisses.
I decided to be smart.

"I'm okay. Wanna meet up again soon? xx" I smirked while tapping send.
Three dots flew in soon after.

"Sure! Why not come over mine tonight? xx"
I grinned.

My heart was pounding and my breathing grew faster. I was meeting her again.
"Oh yeah okay. See you there, what time? x"
Three dots. Then, "7? x"
"Off course xx see ya then"

I threw my phone at the other end of the couch and leapt up the stairs. Grabbing and stuffing clothes in a messenger bag.

As I got to the living room once again I grabbed my phone, charger and beanie. I then told myself to calm down. I'm reuniting with a good friend tonight.
A great friend.

I eyed the kitchen as I entered.
'Pizza' I thought. 'She likes pizza. A lot. And Dr pepper. I have a lot of that'
A professional always came prepared.

But I'll still need to be taught how to love before I can teach her.

[[authors note: go listen to "love again" by Pentatonix if you don't understand the reference of the last sentence. (Hint- it's Avi's bass drop) ]]