Dr Pepper

[Avi's POV]
"Dr pepper was a good call", Sami laughed, "How did you know?"
She turned her body towards me.
Sami decided to sit on the floor cross legged so she could be closer to the coffee table.
I glanced down on her
"How'd I know what?", I questioned, scratching my beard.
She promptly replied, "How'd you know that Dr Pepper is, like, my favorite thing ever."
Giggling, she victoriously raised her dr pepper can in the air.
I chuckled deeply in response.

Sami seemed more relaxed and... confident here. Well, it is her own apartment. Yet, she had always made a point of not going to other people's places because she felt like a burden.
She was the opposite of a burden.
Her presence was a blessing.

"It's not that hard to work out," I grinned, "You do go on about it all the time, so..."
Looking down, I fixed my beanie while smirking.

She exhaled contently through her nose which brought my attention back to her shapely face.
She mumbled, "I'm so happy I have someone I can actually feel comfortable with..."

Throwing my beanie down, I ran my fingers through my hair a couple of times. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Come on Sami, I can't be the only one."
She looked at me with doubtful eyes but I insisted
"You can't be serious, you're a lovely person. People love you"
...I love you...
My mind repeated it until I was unsure whether I had said it aloud or not.
She wasn't very experienced with intimacy, our morning together confirmed that.

Every minute or so, Sami shifted herself closer to me. I only came to notice once her chin was practically resting on my knees.
"Hey Sami" I smiled
"Mhm?" She replied, glancing up.
"Could you pass another Dr Pepper?"
She nodded promptly then stumbled to her feet, only to trip and plant herself on top of my body.

My face was as red as a tomato and I could feel her body heat rising.
Awkward.
"Owwww" she mumbled into my chest.
Oh god she's hurt.

"Gosh are you ok...?" I panicked.
My hands felt glued to the couch, there wasn't anywhere else to place them.

Sami planted her elbows either side of my hips, digging into the couch, to prop her shoulders up. Holding up her head could be awkward, but she was strong enough to steal my gaze.
Her iconic smile was contagious.
"I-I'm fine..." She muttered through a side smile. Her best smile.

I instinctively smiled back. My emotions and feeling were unbearable when she was this close. Our bodies pressing against each other. It took time for me to take in all the perfections of her face.

Soon after, her elbows fell weak so she rested her forehead on my chest once again.
I felt surprisingly comfortable, and it seemed like she did too.
As she rested, I bowed my neck to place a soft kiss upon the crown of her head. I heard a sigh of relief, which was interpreted as a reply.
I let my head fall back and rest on the back of the couch.

Her head slowly rose from my chest, though her body didn't move. She whispered, "...Avi..."
"Mhm?" My head rose abruptly to answer her.

Sami used the force of her elbows to suddenly push herself forward.
Her lips pressed against mine... I couldn't help but melt. My heart flickered.

Naturally, my eyes closed. I felt absorbed.
Her hands held onto my hips and I used mine to hold her face.

She broke away only once to inhale.
We both opened our eyes momentarily and stared wide-eyed.

"Wow," is all I managed to let out before her lips pressed onto mine once again.
This time her hands cupped my face, meaning she was sitting on my lap to keep herself up. I swiftly placed my hands on her waist and held her in place.

We both smiled with the closeness, I leant into her body.

Finally, she was mine,
And I have never been happier.
This moment was to die for, and I shall never let it go.

A featherlight kiss turned into a deep romantic one. Never have I ever felt so close with anyone in my life.