Coffee shop part 2

After we had all shed our jackets to the back of our chairs, Sami's fidgeting soon calmed, I noticed something.

"We haven't even ordered yet,"
Kevin laughed, "I'm surprised they haven't kicked us out yet!"
"Well I'll have whatever Mitch is having," Scott declared.
A few moments later, Mitch stated, "Two large white Macciato's then!"

I watched Kirstie rub her hands together frantically as her eyes ran up and down the page, "I guess I'll just have a simple cappuccino"

Sami and I both turned our heads to Kevin, who seemed to be the only one noting this down,
"I'm going for a herbal tea. A calming drink for a calming gent, like myself"
He then turned his gaze to us, "Now what about the lovely couple who have been silent this whole time?"

I was about to speak up before Kirstie jumped up from her seat,
"Oh my gosh!", she chirped, "I didn't even realize you were there! I'm so sorry, sweetie!"

"About time we introduced," I added.
"Not you lumberjack!", Kirstie laughed. Sami nudged my side.

Kirstie then proceeded to make her way round the table and Sami responded by shyly rising to her feet. Our fingers unlinked as she accepted the other woman's friendly hug.
As they separated, I realized that Sami made Kristie's height look about average.

"So you're a new addition to the family, then?", Kirstie asking, practically bouncing.
"We'll see," Sami giggled.
I interrupted, "I hope so"

Kirstie made her way back round the table and back to her seat, while we gave the last orders to Kevin, "Mango smoothie for me, and a caramel frappe for Sam," Followed by a wink on my part.

Kevin rose and strode over the the ordering counter and read off the orders to the barista present.

"So," Kirstie started, addressing Sami, "How'd you two meet?"

I smiled at Sami for a moment, who smiled back, expecting me to answer.
"College friends," I replied.
"Is that it?" She pleaded.
"Well, obviously not now," Mitch stated sarcastically.
Laughter occupied the air around us for a moment.

As we calmed down, Scott leant over and continued to wrap his lanky arms round Mitch's shoulders,
"Me and Mitch are practically married, Kirstie has Jeremy, Avi and Sami are now a thing... Where does that leave old Kev-o?"

"I'm working on it!", Kevin hollered.
We collectively grinned.

Sami wolf whistled.