Little spoon

I awoke naturally with the sunlight emerging from the living room window of Sami's apartment.
My body held a little extra weight than usual and I couldn't move.
Peacefully, Sami slept on top of me, our bodies linked perfectly.

I was sat upright on her couch, with Sami sat on my lap, legs wrapped round my lower back and arms bound around my shoulders leaving my own arms holding onto her waist. Her head fit perfectly between the crook of my neck and shoulder

Sami's body slowly rose up and back down with the co-ordination of our breathing.
I pressed a few light kisses on her neck to check for a response.
Nothing.
She was sleeping like a plank.

I calmly stood up, hooking my arms under her bum, leaving her hanging off me like a monkey. Luckily, her grip was tight.
She actually trusted me.
I rose to my feet, then wove my way through the apartment kitchen to the main bedroom.

Sami owned a king bed, a wardrobe and a small cabinet. I soon postponed an apartment tour to a later date as I stomped over to the king bed, stopping at one side to cautiously place Sami on the mattress.
She slowly loosened her grip around my body and sunk into the familiar bed.

However, she started shivering at the loss of body heat. Leaning down, I kissed her fore head and whispered, "It's okay, baby, I'm here"
The shivering soon halted.

Her apartment was hot. There was no way we could sleep under covers comfortably. So I decided to take action.
First, I peeled off Sami's socks followed by her over sized sweater, leaving her in a graphic tee and leggings.

I stepped into her en-suite bathroom and shed my jacket and plaid shirt. Leaving me topless and in jeans.
Finding it difficult to sleep with a shirt on, I concluded this was the best option.

As I entered the bedroom, I found Sami clenching her pillow to her chest and quietly whimpering as if in pain.
Oh god, she's having another bad dream. This is going to be something we will fight together.

I rushed to the bed side and climbed on. Leaning over, I pecked little kisses covering Sami's shoulder.

I guided her to roll over and I caught her in my arms. Lying on one side, I pulled the duvet up to our shoulders and made sure Sami was as close to me as possible.

I kissed her forehead and whispered,
"Baby, I'm here, I love you..."

Sami slowly pulled her head back and opened her eyes. They looked tired and heavy. I held her stare, wanting to hear every word she had to say.

She looked down, realizing our situation.
After 30 seconds of staring, she placed both palms on my chest, smiled, then replied, "...I love you too..."

I instantly wrapped my arms round her waist and pulled her closer. She giggled and ran her fingers through my hair.
Goose bumps shot up my arms.
She noticed the sensation and pressed her mouth against mine.
Nothing but bliss occupied me.
"Oh my gosh... you're perfect" I murmured against her lips. This moment was so much to handle and I could do nothing but close my eyes and shiver at every touch.

She slowly pulled her head back and gazed into my eyes. She spoke, "I doubt that very much. I am very far from perfection" she smirked. A frown emerged on my face.
I then proceeded to pull her body ontop of me. She sat on my stomach as I lay staring up at her.

I linked my fingers with hers and continued to kiss every knuckle.
She laughed.
I looked at her puzzled, before carrying on repeatedly.
"You're beard is tickling my fingers!" She pleaded, "Stop!"

A deep laugh formed from my chest as I continued to leave kisses up her arm.
Between kisses I spoke, "I'm not stopping until my love for you proves to you how perfect you are"
She blushed.

Soon after, she bent down to repeatedly kiss me.
After about 7 she whispered, "Fine! I'm perfect. But if I'm so perfect, what does that make you!" She unlinked her fingers then cupped my face,
"Huh?" She giggled, "Punk! You be actin' all tough!" We both bursted with laughter.

My stomach moved a lot forcing Sami to lose balance and fall beside me causing more laughter.
I rolled over to face her.

"Oh I can't match up to you, my queen. I'm a beggar yearning for your heart," I chuckled while kissing the back of her hand.

She made a fake swooning sound followed by laughter. "How romantic... yet kinda creepy"
I grinned, "only you would find it creepy"

Sami proceeded to shuffle towards me, I grasped her hips to speed up the process.
We both stared at each other longingly, wanting our bodies closer.

She sighed heavily.
I rose one eyebrow in confusion.
"I love you so much" she whispered.
I gasped then pulled her face to mine.
We repeated long passionate kisses, stopping only to take deep breaths.

After what felt like forever, Sami broke away and ran her fingers through my hair one last time before rolling over.
"What are you doing, love?" I asked in a worried tone.
"I wanna be your little spoon," she replied contently.

I let her do what he wanted then pulled her in to rest my head on the back of hers.

She linked her fingers into mine and I kissed the back of her head.

"I'm so glad I've stayed this long to love you... I'm so so glad I stayed..."

It took me a moment to fully register her words.
"If you hadn't stayed, there would be a hole in my heart that would never be filled"