Mario kart

[[ Avi's POV ]]

After Kevin had left for the night, Sami and I were left to play video games or just entertain ourselves.

We both found it difficult to agree on much, but settled on Mario kart wii. To be honest, I had lost by a close fraction to Sami on most of the races, causing me to shamefully fall to the floor.
Sami followed suit by laughing too hard.

We agreed on playing some of the calmer maps, so we could sit as close together as possible. I ended up staying on the floor, my back resting on the couch. Sami reluctantly agree to sit between my legs where she could rest against my chest, with my chin atop her head.

We both remained relatively quiet, only really conversing when choosing another map or when either of us got knocked off track. This usually ended with lengthened wailing and intense laughter.

Through the night I grew more and more tired, but I knew Sami was a night owl.
When she won another game, I felt her excitement. I lifted my head whispering, "Great job," then left a little kiss on the top of her head.

It was like she breathed in my warmth and sensation. She rested her controller next to my thigh, I reacted by wrapping my arms under hers and round her waist. She responded by forcing her fingers between mine.

"You're so comfy," she whispered, "Am I not squishing you?"
"Not at all," I replied, mumbling into her hair, "You weigh so little. Do your arms hurt?"
She lightly shook her head.

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh,
"I love you
Sami shivered, "Woah, your chest literally rumbles when you speak. Puberty must have been so weird for you"
I chuckled, "yeah just a bit"

Sami started giggling intensely, lifting her head so the top of it now rested on my chest,
"I love you too," she replied, "I love you so much"
--
I opened my eyes as Sami poked my side.
She had moved herself to lie on her front. He stomach now on mine.

I pulled her up along with my legs so my knees supported her back. Her legs wrapped around mine. With her fingers tangled in my hair. She had worked out that I loved the feeling of it.

She pecked at my lips once before resting her forehead on mine.
--
We were disturbed by an abrupt knocking at the door. Sami lifted herself from me, sitting on the couch behind me, allowing me to swiftly answer the door.

When I stood, I kissed bother of her hands lightly,
"Don't forge to cover your arms, I care about you"

She nodded, pulling the baggy sleeves down to cover her arms and secured them around her hands.

The persistent knocking repeated itself.
"Alright I'm coming!" I stated loudly.
Sami simply sat cross legged, watching patiently.

I opened the door to find a bouncy Mitch and an obviously exhausted Scott.
"Guys," I sighed, "It's like half 10, what are you doing here?"
"That's what I said," Scott yawned, "But this munchkin wanted to meet your friend"
Mitch was energised, "I didn't wanna wait 'till tomorrow. It's not like I can postpone shopping with Kirstie and mama bear, Est!"

I simply laughed and stepped aside, "Well she's here. And we're both very much awake now."

They both stepped in and slipped their shoes off.
I leant in, "Please be calm though," I whispered, "She's very much an introvert, unlike you Mitch"
He giggled before skipping into the lounge and greeting Sami.
"Alright daddy beard," I heard him call.

Scott lazily took his phone out of his pocket and secured it in his hand.
His droopy blue eyes caught mine.
"We were planning on chilling with wine tonight, but y'know, wherever Mitch goes, I go," he gave me a pat on the back as I sent him a sympathetic smile.
"C'mon bass-man, I won't be able to go home and sleep until Mitch is satisfied"
We both laughed as he followed me into the lounge.

Scott plopped himself on the armchair beside Mitch's.
I set myself down in the sofa beside Sami. She instantly leant into my body for warmth.

We all let Mitch babble on, Scott exhaling sharply whenever he made a witty comment.

"So where'd y'all meet?" Mitch asked.
Sami looked at me for the answer, "Old college friends. Always had a lot in common,"
Sami nodded, "Video games, Barbecue, y'know..."

Mitch grinned, reached over and slapping Scott lightly on his cheek, "Just like me and blondie!"
"Ow!" Scott laughed
"Oh shit, sorry Stephanie," Mitch apologised.

Sami instantly burst into a fit of laughter, causing Scott to join in. Mitch and I left grinning.
As she caught her breath, Sami asked,
"Are you two always like this?"

I watched as the two stared at each other then back as us,
"I think so," they answered in unison.
I butted in, "Yes they are always like this. Them and Kirstie are the children. Kevin and me are obviously mom and dad"
"AVI-ously," Sami exaggerated.

Mitch piped up, "I love you're hair by the way"
"Me too," Scott agreed, "did you dye it or is it naturally black?"
I spread my arm around Sami's shoulders as she spoke.
"It's dyed," she smirked, "people have always told me I seemed like quite a dark person so I thought it would suit me," she ran a few fingers through her fringe.
"It does," both boys chimed.

Mitch proceeded to ask questions, adding in witty comments anywhere he could. Scott always laughed at Mitch's jokes and ended up practically falling out of his chair at one point. Forcing the rest of us into hysterics.

----
As we quietened down, Scott reached over to stroke Mitch's shoulder "Mitchie, it's 11:30. I know how you just can't miss your beauty sleep"
Mitch sighed, reluctantly standing from his chair, "Alright. Let's leave these two love birds alone"

Sami and I stood, Sami unlinking her fingers from mine as she took Scott's offer for a hug. Both Mitch and I laughing at how Scott was easily a head taller than she was.

Mitch followed suit with another hug, both him and Sami giggling when Mitch squealed on impact.

----
After we waved Scott and Mitch off, we found ourselves retreating to the position we had been in at Sami's apartment.

I sat on the couch, holding her waist as she sat on my lap. Her legs round my back and her arms round my neck. She layer her head in the crook of my neck and shoulder.

I earlier helped her to shed her jumper just after Scott and Mitch left. She definitely liked them, but not as close friends just yet.

She sighed into my shoulder.
I whispered, "we can sleep like this if you want?"
She nodded slowly and I smiled against her skin.
I mumbled, "I love you"
She hugged me tighter in response.

Sleepily, feeling like I was at peace with the whole world, I closed my eyes.