Stay.

[ Avi's POV ]
I cupped her face with my hands as she brought herself back to consciousness. My eyes felt heavy and I found it difficult to focus on objects.
I can't believe I stayed up just for this.

She looked startled at first, then relaxed her shoulders.
"Avi, what're you--"
"Shush. Stay."

I felt silly when she ran her eyes up and down my face then realised how close we were.
I slowly took my cupped hands down from her face. It took a little while for her to realise what had happened while she sat up, breaking our contact.

"Avi. I, Uh... Didn't meant anything by this closeness... come to think of it, I haven't slept that well in a long time..." she looked down, fidgeting her hands while she spoke.
"I could tell. You were a bit flinchy here and there. But I still enjoyed my night with you. If you want, we could meet up and just sit. Like this...?"
I looked up from her hands to meet her gaze. The liner round her eyes we smudged and smokey. Still perfect.

"That would be nice" she spoke softly.

She turned and sat facing the television.
I watched her bring her legs up to her chest, wrap her arms around her knees and rest her chin between them.

"Woah, has this been on all night?"
"Oh... yeah. I didn't really pay attention to it. When you fell asleep, you kept fidgeting until you fell onto my shoulder. I couldn't really concentrate on anything else," I took my beanie off and threw it aside, rubbing the back of my head.

"Did you stay up all night?" She turned her body to face mine.
I smiled awkwardly, "kinda"
She looked puzzled, "what were you doing then?"

"Well, you looked like you were having a bad dream, I wanted to keep you safe"

She shuffled herself closer to me and leant her head on my shoulder, then tilted her head up so she could raise her eyes to mine. I smiled in return.

She spoke, "I'm glad last night happened because I've never felt more safe with anyone else in my life"

Avi + Samiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें