Chapter 7- Icecream always does the trick

Callie's POV
Sofia and I walked out of the hospital doors, her hand gripped tightly onto mine, her little head was dropped down looking towards her feet. It broke me seeing my little baby girl like this, she deserves every little piece of happiness in the world. We walked over to my car, Sofia was about to climb in the back seat when I stopped her saying,
"Hey little miss, how about you sit in the front today." A teeny tiny smile crept up her face, we never usually let Sofia sit in the front, she usually sits in the back with her little booster seat. Sofia was quite small for her age, we always got really paranoid incase she was to small without a seat.

Sofia's POV
As I looked out the car window everything went by in slow motion, all the trees, the buildings, the bushes even the street lamps. Everything went by so slowly. Suddenly time caught up.
"Mama where are we going?" i asked weakly.
"We, are going to get icecream!" Mama chirped, she was trying to be chirpy and sweet to try make me happy. It wasn't going to work but you know I could never turn down an icecream, so I plastered a small smile on my face and made eye contact with her in the mirror. "I knew that would make you happy," she laughed. "Icecream always does the trick."

Callie's POV
Sofia and I hopped out of the car and walked towards the icecream store. Sofia still looked so dull and blue, dont get me wrong I know how it feels to loose a friend but I've tried everything with her. Usually when we walk into an icecream store Sofia runs up to the icecream counter and presses her nose against the glass, observing all the flavours. But this time she just walked gloomily beside me, her hand holding mine.
"Sofia honey," I chirped, "what flavour of icecream do you want? You can have two scoops this time."
"Um can i strawberry and chocolate?" She asked, looking up at me with sweet little innocent eyes.
"Ofcourse you can sweetie," i replied, also asking the cashier for it. I also ordered a icecream cone for me and a popsicle for arizona.
"Mama," I heard Sofia whisper, I also heard the sadness in her voice again.
"Yes Sofia?" I asked, kneeling down to her level.
"I want to go and see mommy."

Arizona's POV
"Hah I win!" Jake cheered, me and him were playing some games of connect four.
"Dang it, well done Jake," I gave him a dr. Robbins special smile, and he sent one right back. "Want me to go and see what other games there are?" I asked, it was pretty much just a hint to say I'm getting bored of connect four.
"Snakes and ladders, snakes and ladders!" Jake chanted. Snakes and ladders was on the top of the shelf, I grabbed a little stool from the bathroom to give myself a boost. My hand stretched up to the shelf and I still couldn't reach, I shifted all my weight over to the left then collapsed. My prosthetic leg popped out and I was stuck on the floor.
"Oh my god!" I heard a female voice call. Callie and Sofia were standing at the doorway.
"Mommy are you ok?!" Sofia yelled, both of them were walking over towards me and helped me up.
"Yeah I'm ok sweetie I just fell over," I said. I walked over into the bathroom and locked the door, slipped my scrub pants off to re-adjust my prosthetic leg. Slid my pants back on and walked out of the bathroom.
"See look!" I say standing up and doing a little dance for them. "I'm all good." Callie raised one of her eyebrows at me, butterflies were fluttering around my stomach like mad. Then she gave me the classic calliope Torres grin, I couldn't help but smile back. God I love her so much.
"Mommy, can me and Jake play some board games?" I heard Sofia ask.
"Of course sweetie," I replied, "me and mama will have to go work now anyway." I loved how well Jake and Sofia have bonded over the last couple of hours. It just showed me she was really capable making friends, especially for school.

Sofia's POV
Me and Jake both sat on his bed, playing snakes and ladders.
"HA!" I screamed, "Back down the snake you go!" I was quite competitive when it came to board games. I was only four away from the finish line, but Jake was only on the bottom row. If I get a four I'll win this, if not then Jake's got a pretty good chance of catching up. I timidly grab the die, rub my hands together, give it a little lucky blow and roll!
"No! You got a four!" Jake yelled, I slid my counter over four spaces, along the the finish line and cheered as loud as I could. "Well done Sofia," Jake said to me.
"Thank you Jake!" I replied. Jake was such a nice person, he was one of my kindest friends, besides Zola obviously. I really missed Zola, she was the main reason why I ever wanted to be in Seattle. Me and Zola were like Minnie and daisy.
"Shoot," my Mama's pager started going of. "Emergency trauma in the ER, I need to go." She said, speed walking down the corridors.

Callie's POV
Running down to the ER always gave me a tense but yet again exciting feeling. I mean I was getting paid for every bone that broke and possibly had to be reconstructed so I'm not complaining. But today wasn't like anything I've seen before. People were coming in with blades impaling them. Ice skates were drooling blood from someone's head. I asked one of the trauma attendings what had happened and where I was needed.  It seemed to have been like human dominos in the middle of an ice rink. The first patient id seen to had a broken wrist and broken femur bone. It also looked like a huge cut was across their hand. I reckon they got ran over by a skate. The ER was flooded,  patient after patient came flying through the doors. This is gonna be one hell of a night.