Chapter 8- one hell of a night!

Callie's POV
"Hey there, what's your name? I asked the patient.
"I'm Millie." She started shaking and was struggling to catch a breath.
" hey Millie. I'm doctor Torres, I'm here to take care of you," I looked down at her and smiled, slipping my gloves on. I gently pressed around her femur bone to try and see where the tenderness was.
"I'd rather get you straight into an OR to get that leg fixed. Leaving your femur bone for too long causes higher risk of amputation." I put my hand on her shoulder comfortingly. I could see the fear that haunted her eyes.
"No you can't amputate," she squealed, "I need to skate!" She looked up at me with what people would call puppy dog eyes. I looked at Millie's chart to check what age she was and her emergency contacts etc, she was only 14 years old. Millie seemed like a very mature teenager, she didn't try freak out to much, she'd take deep breaths. You know the basics. Other teenagers that I've seen usually freak about there situations, and normally its just a nail break.
"Millie listen to me, I'm gonna get you into an OR and fix your leg. Ok?" I said still trying to reassure her, i got the feeling that she thought I wouldn't be able to do it. "I'm the best orthopaedics surgeon in the entire country." I said totally not putting pressure on myself.

Arizona's POV
I got paged down to OR 2 because a 14 year old had some bowel problems during surgery. I looked up to the OR board and seen that it was Callie's surgery, she was messaging me about how the ER was insane but I've not had the chance to go and see it yet. I've been far to busy monitoring Jake.
"What's up Callie?" I asked, getting my surgical gown on.
"14 year old girl with broken femur bone and fractured wrist, also a really deep slice along her hand." Callie took a breath before continuing "Her bowel ruptured during surgery and I knew you could fix it." I could feel my cheeks flushing, paranoid that everyone was staring at me. Nobody was, well except from Callie but I loved the feeling I got when she stared at me. Next minute I took the scalpel and made a cut over her bowl and a huge bleeder sprung out.
"Suction!" I screamed, "someone get me 10 units of blood stat!" The interns over here at New York weren't much better than the ones at Seattle. That's one thing I missed incredibly about Seattle, working with my buddy Schmitt. The intern came back with the blood while the other was suctioning. "What their names?" I whispered to Callie. Callie leaned in towards my ear,
"The one that went away for the blood is Dr. Higgins, she's Scottish. Then the one who is suctioning is Dr. Khan." My head slowly nodded and I tried to focus again. It looked as if our patient needed a bowel transplant, but I have no idea if she had enough time for it.
"I'm gonna try my best and fix this but she may need a transplant," I heard one of the interns groaning and whining, I think it was Dr. Khan, of course it was the male. "If you have no interest of being in here then leave." Both the interns jumped ten feet high. And Khan walked out as expected.
"Let's continue in this shall we?" I heard Callie say from behind me.

Callie's POV
Me and Arizona took Millie out of surgery and both got paged for other cases. I left Dr. Higgins to check her stats every so often, and to page me when she wakes up. We both knew Sofia was safe, she was with Jake and nurses were monitoring him incredibly close. Young man was laying in the ER with a dislocated leg. It was only minor, I could easily pop it back in place. I held up the chart and it read Alan chase. 27 years old and his injuries.
"Hey Alan I'm Dr. Torres and this is gonna hurt a lot ok." He nodded and prepared himself for the pain. I got myself in the correct position, lifted his leg up and I got myself prepared for how loud this man is going to scream.
"Ok Alan. On the count of three. 1." I grabbed the leg firmly, "2," I got my body tensed up and built up all my strength. "3!" That was his leg back in place, Alan was screaming the place down in pain. A man with a little girl, she looked about 2 or 3, walked over timidly towards Alan.
"Dada," the girl squealed. She looked towards Alan then back up to me with really sad gloomy eyes. Eyes that read, please keep my dad alive.
"Hey honey," Alan said. "You and daddy go over to the vending machine and get snacks ok." The little girl jumped up and ran towards the machine.
"I'll be back Alan!" The man yelled. "I love you." A little smile crept up on my face. Alan's face was all red, you couldn't see a patch of white.
"I love you too." I looked down towards his hand and there was a thick, shiny wedding ring. "Sorry Doctor Torres, that was just my husband and my daughter."
"It's all good. You guys seem really great together!" I said slowly applying a bandage around his leg to keep it supported.
"What about you? Do you have a partner and children?" Alan asked. Here we go I thought.
"Me and my ex wife actually are starting to see eachother, we have our daughter Sofia too." Alan smiled and looked a lot more comfortable around me than before. "So if I may ask, what's your husbands and daughters names?" I asked smiling down at him.
"My husband is Mason and our daughters name is Hayley," He started being a lot less awkward than before.
"That's a beautiful name!" I replied.
"Calliope!" I heard a voice yell. I knew exactly who it was, no one could say my name as sweetly as her.
"Yes Arizona?" I said turning around.
"It's Millie." My face dropped, she's already been through so much today, she doesn't deserve anymore.
"Arizona what happened."
"She's pregnant, and I have a feeling it wasn't by choice."