Secret Of The Archives

They jumped onto the cart as the librarian chased them, swinging the sword. "Don't disrespect the archives! You shall become one with the archives!" Quackfaster yelled. "This isn't working!" Huey shouted. "Here, knowledge is the greatest weapon of all!" Webby said, handing them each a book. They threw the books at the crazy librarian, but she kept catching them and throwing them into their places in the bookshelf. "How does she keep doing that?!" Huey yelled.

The librarian disappeared. They looked around, half expecting her to jump out from behind them. "I think we lost her-" Suddenly, two hands grabbed them from behind a bookshelf. "Foolish children, you do not know what you think you know!" "We don't know anything, and it's really frustrating!" Dewey shouted.

Suddenly, a stack of books fell over. Quackfaster looked away, but when she looked back, she was holding books.

_____

They were riding on the cart, away from the crazy librarian who was chasing them. "I know it was you." Louie whispered so quietly, no one could hear him. "Thought you'd need some help." The voice of Leo sounded in his head. "Close call." a different voice said. Luke.

Quackfaster was catching up to them. The children kept throwing books at her. "Book throw! Book throw! Throwing books!" Dewey shouted. The librarian kept catching them and putting them in the bookshelf until there was only one left. "This is our last book. Make it count." Webby said, handing the book to Dewey.

He jumped off the cart. "What are  you doing?!" Huey shouted. "Don't come any closer, or the book gets it!" Dewey exclaimed, holding the book like a weapon. "I will crease this corner, man, so back off!" he shouted. "Tell us about our mom." Quackfaster walked up and pointed to the book. "Why don't you see for yourself?"

He turned the book over and checked the cover. 'The Life and Times of Della Duck'. "This is it. This is it. This is...nothing." he said flipping through the pages. The only thing on the page was 'no. 921 134d'. "Wait, I've seen that number before!" Webby exclaimed, running off. The boys followed her to a dead end. "I don't understand. It should be here somewhere." Webby said. "Wait, these books. They're all out of order. Quackfaster is a lot of things, but she's not sloppy." Dewey said. "Use your training. The most valuable knowledge must be earned." Quackfaster's voice echoed. "Ok, how much of this is about us doing your work for you?" Louie asked. "About 50%..." she replied.

They got to work organizing the books. Dewey placed 'The Life and Times of Della Duck' in the last spot. It lit up and a line of blue light came from the bookshelf and led to the wall. A compartment opened up. They walked over to it. There was a place for a hand. "Ok, here goes." Dewey put his hand in the slot. A pin popped up at the index finger and pricked him. "Ow! What is up with this stupid library!?" "McDuck family DNA recognized." a voice said.

The wall opened up to reveal a room full of objects. On one wall was a giant portrait of Della Duck. "Wow.." They all split up and examined all of the objects and stuff. "Guys, come over here." Webby said. They walked over. There was a framed piece of paper with writing on it. "I've taken the Spear Of Selene. I'm sorry. -Della." Huey read. "What's that supposed to mean?" Huey wondered. "What did she take? Why is she sorry?" Dewey asked. "Did she..betray your Uncle Scrooge?" Webby asked.

"We can't tell anyone about this until we know what it means."