4

"I'm sorry- I-I didn't mean to drop it!" Taehyung raised his hands up as Agust gripped his shirt with both fists.

"You're so fucking annoying, you know that?" Agust growled. "Who the fuck brings three toasters to someone's house?"

"They were on sale!" Taehyung wailed, squeezing his eyes shut.

Agust snarled, his fist drawing back, ready to punch the life out of this boy.

Tears slipped down Taehyung's cheeks, and Suga saw.

He rushed to the front, his fondness for the younger boy stronger than Agust wanting to harm him.

The fist turned into a gentle caress along the boys cheek.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung." Suga apologized for Agust. "Please forgive that outburst. Of course you're forgiven."

Taehyung opened his eyes hesitantly, hands still raised in surrender.

The sudden change in behavior was confusing and alarming, and Taehyung realized he knew nothing about Yoongi.

The man could be a violent murderer for all Taehyung was aware, maybe had anger issues or even some mental disorder.

But now, he seemed calm. Like he hadn't just been threatening Taehyung a mere minute ago.

"It's...okay." Taehyung said. "I'm sorry about the teapot."

"Don't worry, Yoongi needed a new one anyways." Suga picked up a towel and began cleaning up the spilled water.

Why did Yoongi randomly refer to himself in third person?

"Let me help you!" Taehyung ripped off some paper towels.

He got down beside the boy, trying to soak up the mess.

"The toasters are lovely." Suga smiled warmly at him. "Thank you for them."

Taehyung's ears flushed red. "I guess it was kinda stupid to buy three of the same thing. Twice."

"Nonsense! It was a very thoughtful gift, and I appreciate the thought you put into it."

Taehyung beamed, his earlier fear completely gone.

They cleaned up the mess and Suga took Taehyung's hand, inspecting his small injury.

"You got a small burn. I'll get you an ice pack."

"You should get one for yourself!" Taehyung was surprised. "You got most of that boiling water splashed on you!"

"The jeans absorbed most of it," Suga waved him off as he wrapped a few ice cubs in a clean towel. "I'll just change out of them quick and remake the tea."

Taehyung watched as Suga started a new pot and finished making the toast, organizing it elegantly on a tray.

"Would you be so helpful as to take this out to the back patio?" Suga cocked his head as he held out the tray.

"Of course!" Eager to help, Taehyung grabbed the tray and only stumbled once as he headed out to the backyard.

He set it down on a table and took a seat in one of the lawn chairs, admiring the warm breeze and chirping birds.

After a minute, Yoongi didn't come out, and Taehyung wandered back inside.

"Yoongi?" He called, and found an opened door to a room he hadn't been in before.

It was an office, and as he explored the place, a small burlap bag pushed to the very back of a bookcase caught his eye.

It looked bulky, like it was full of some hard items.

He reached for it, but a voice stopped him.

"What are you doing in here?"

Yoongi stood in the doorway wearing new pants, and Taehyung turned around.

"Looking for you!" Taehyung skipped over. "Wow, you look good!"

Yoongi glared as his cheeks turned a little pink. "Come on." He grabbed Taehyung's hand and led him back outside.

Taehyung babbled about this and that, and Yoongi didn't pay much attention, since he was thinking about the note Suga had left him, explaining what had happened with Agust.

He wanted Suga to be happy, but Taehyung was in danger when he hung out with Yoongi, and the teacher didn't want his assistant getting hurt- or finding out Yoongi's secret.

The boy was a researcher, after all.

Yoongi didn't want to become his next topic.