10

Brooding ever since his talk with Yoongi, Taehyung was staying late at the school after work every night.

Yoongi always bolted the moment the bell rang, and since Taehyung had nothing and no one to go home to, he stayed at the library to do his research. Months passed this way and the school year was at its end. Today had been the final day of school and Yoongi hadn't even said goodbye before abruptly leaving.

Checking his watch, he sighed and packed up his things. It was time to go home and make a lonely dinner and wonder what Yoongi was up to.

He missed Yoongi's house.

He missed Yoongi.

The way he could be so nice sometimes, with the very slight accent in his tone and inflection, as if someone had overshadowed the tiny teacher...

As he walked through the dark halls, a bright yellow paper caught his eye.

Curious, he walked over and stood in front of it.

Hayward University Scholarship Opportunities!

Eyes widening, Taehyung grabbed the paper off the wall and read it eagerly.

Hayward was his dream school. The Harvard of Korea. He would never be able to afford it though, so a scholarship was his only chance.

Most were half scholarships for math, some for science, one for chemistry.

Taehyung's heart sank. He wasn't good at any of those subjects. They never offered Scholarships for things like art or music. Not that he was that good at either of those either, but-

His heart stopped when he saw the one at the very bottom.

'full scholarship for research majors. Submit a 50 page paper to hayward.researchdept@hayward.edu by June 25th. Any subject welcome.

When his eyes read subject, Taehyung's mind immediately jumped to Yoongi.

Here was the answer to all his dreams.

All he had to do was get Yoongi to say yes.

-

"No." Yoongi scowled.

Taehyung nearly dropped his grip on the phone. "What- why not?"

"I don't want to be the center of attention for your essay." Yoongi said. "Besides, what are you even researching about me? There's nothing there that would be worthy of a full scholarship."

Taehyung huffed at the teacher being evasive as always. Months of frustration bubbled to a boiling point and spewed over.

"Stop lying! I know whats wrong with you! I connected the dots, I did my observations and studied you and took notes! You don't want me to get close because you have another alter! If you ever cared about me you would let me study it so I can have a shot at my dream school!"

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"I never cared about you." Yoongi said coldly.

Taehyung was quiet for so long that Yoongi thought he had hung up.

Then the boy spoke.

"That first night we met? You asked if I was a virgin...and I lied. You were my first. You are my only."

Now Yoongi was the one who was silent.

"His name is Agust. And he's dangerous. He'll kill you if you get too close. Don't call me again."

The phone hung up.

Taehyung stared at the phone in his hand for a long time.

He called the teacher back but Yoongi didn't answer. And when he tried again a robotic voice told him the number was unavailable.

And Taehyung knew he had just lost Yoongi forever, as well as his dream future.

-

The summer passed uneventfully, and Yoongi parked his car in the lot of his new school, one that was far away from Kim Taehyung.

He had blocked the boy in every way possible except for physical, but the boy had never come by Yoongi's house.

Yoongi had been relieved, but Suga had been sad all summer.

He was at a high school now, and the school board had approved his experimental new class.

He couldn't wait to try it out.

-

Min Yoongi set his briefcase on his desk and collapsed into his plush spinning chair with
a long sigh.

Today was the first day of a new school year, and Yoongi had been waiting all summer long to see what lucky, naïve students had signed up for his class this year.

He had a maximum occupancy of five students, because any larger than that and things would start...getting out of control.

And Yoongi was never one to risk losing control.

-

The bell rang, and the five new boys in Yoongi's class filed out one by one.

Alone, Yoongi placed all the papers together in his briefcase and locked it. He headed to the door, opening it and stepping into the empty hallway. He turned his back and locked the classroom door.

It was as he was placing his keys into his pocket that he heard the footsteps behind him.

"Is it true?" The voice asked.

Yoongi turned around.

The boy crossed his arms, looking at him. "Is it true?" He repeated.

Yoongi cracked a smile. "Ah, nice to see you again. When did you start here?"

The boy didn't smile back as Yoongi said his name.

"Taehyung."