Sky Me

Luisa

Why am I here? The gray concrete walls that surrounded me four times seemed to depress my dark soul. I was alone in the solitary in Skybox, the part where some of the electricity didn't reach and it flickered. I raked my fingers through my black hair and laid down on my bed. My head dropped off so I could see the view of Earth; green and blue with little wisps of clouds.

Sometimes I'd forget why I was here. I know I had aided and abetted an illegal child who was probably down the hallway. Her brother, which no one had, had been stripped of his roles and tossed as trash to pick up.

We had a great life with their dead mother, Aurora, keeping the daughter a secret. Especially with my privilege, I was able to cover things up. Me being part of the guard was the problem. When they found out, I had told them to run and to give them more time, I killed a few of the guards with the skills they had taught me using the shock lash and knives on my suit. Of course, I was on top of my class.

I was later detained and so were they. The bodies were floated and Shumway had to bring in the council which my father, Marcus Kane, was part of. At first, I had pleaded it was an accident but when my father called me an embarrassment and disgrace and that I could ruin his reputation, I took all of the names. Soon, people believed in the claims how I mercilessly killed the three and feared me.

I remembered how my grandmother cried when they put me in Skybox. I was one out of three murders who were minors but I had the highest reputation along with other issues. I was part of the first few to be locked up, waiting to be floated as an adult. I was the Ark's most wanted criminal and they called me Krazy Kane.

They seemed to know me but they didn't know the secret only a few people had kept window I was born. I had black blood and they claimed I should stay quiet and keep me paranoid but I didn't care. Me being crazy just added to my differences. I didn't have a mother either so it made me a gift basket of wild.

My best friend, Clarke Griffin, cut me off because she didn't want to be associated with a murder. Wells Jaha stayed loyal but was caught in the middle so he'd visit me without Clarke knowing. I laughed at him when he told me she was put in Skybox for treason and her father getting floated.

Earth looked beautiful for me to fall asleep. My eyes started to get heavy and lifted my head onto the mattress but just as I was about to close my eyes, the door swung open.

"Prisoner 101, stand up and face the wall!" the guard yelled. I could hear the fear in his voice as I swung my legs at the edge and grinned at them before getting up and staring at the wall. They used extreme force to pin me down and cuff me with zip ties.

They pulled me and basically carried my tall body out of the hallways. All of the other teenagers were being taken out of their shared rooms but there were one or two guards with them while I had an entire squad.

"Marcus Kane!" I called out, seeing him walk towards the end of the hallway where my room was. The guard on his sidestepped in between us.

"Luisa," he said firmly. He pardoned the guard and had the ones holding me release me. "Hi, there." I moved my head when he tried to touch my delicate face. "I love you."

"Take your love and shove it up to your ass," I muttered. His head tilted and they got a hold of me and forced me to walk. I walked past familiar faces with unknown faces staring at me and I saw a blonde drop beside the Ark's doctor.

I was being led to one of the docking stations towards the Exodus ship and stood in a line. While the other delinquents of my age were being monitored from afar, my best buddies were right beside me.