Kill Me

Luisa

I had gotten the chance to sleep after being the savior. Jasper was groaning from the upper floors as Clarke was playing doctor and I laid there as people walked in and out.

"Why don't you just kill him?" Murphy told me. "Then he'd shut up!" I stood, ignoring his drive, and walked out to the dewy weather and other collected water and stayed on watch. "We need food," I told Bellamy.

"I know, I'm taking a hunting party. Stay here and try to keep things under control... especially Octavia," he said. He waved at his group and they left the gates. I grabbed a cup of water to fill my empty stomach and eyed Atom who backed away from Octavia.

I heard the loud groan and ran into the dropship. Quickly climbing the ladder, I got onto the third floor seeing Clarke trying to push Murphy over as he attempted to strangle him. I kicked him over and punched him across the jaw. I did it excessively until he was down and spat blood.

"Go downstairs," I huffed in his ear. "You try that again and you'll be in his position." Like a loyal servant, he scurried away and I pulled my composure to look at Clarke. "Thank you," she sighed. "Do what you need to do," I said. "I can't!" she explained. "I need a med-kit or a needle and thread but they didn't give us shit! I can't take this mud off because it's the other only thing keeping him alive."

My head tilted as she fell into sobs. She brought herself together in sniffles and lifted her head towards me, "Where did you get the mud?" "Down at the river," I said. "It was moist with red flakes in it."

"Then we need to get more," she said. She repeatedly nodded and grabbed her jacket. "Can you take me there?" Clarke wanted something from me. "Fine."

Dropping down, I went outside and shouted, "Finn, you're in charge! Octavia, go watch Jasper! If I come back and this place is fucked up, I will fuck you up!" I took a handmade hatchet while Clarke took a knife and we set out into the forest.

"They listen to you," Clarke tried to make conversation. "Installing fear is the best way to go," I said. "Makes my life easier." I hopped the tree in front of me as Clarke carefully stepped over. Even though there were dangers, I peacefully gazed at the sky and nature surrounding me.

Now that it was quiet, the trek was longer than usual. I knew my way around from my locked memory and after some time, we had reached the river. We went down the hill to the lower parts and I went in to cut the fresh red seaweed. Coming up, I handed it to the doctor who shoved it in her pack.

A loud horn had blown and we looked up to see the pee-colored mist approaching us. "I don't wanna wait to see that," I said. Picking up a quick pace, we jogged into the trees and I knew we wouldn't make it in time when I stomped on something. I looked down to see the bus and used my hatchet to break the latch and we slid inside. Closing it, the fog overpassed us.

"I guess we wait till it goes by," I said. "Get comfortable." I shifted into the seat and with my taller upper body, my head nudged the ceiling, and a bottle dropped into my lap. I opened it and sniffed the pungent alcohol. "Booze," I said and chugged it. My tongue clicked at the bitter taste and offered it to Clarke who denied it for me to enjoy by myself.

The oxygen had lessened along with the partial drunkenness that made me hazy. I closed half of the bottle to set aside and leaned back. The hatchet was loose in my hand and I started to cackle. "What if I killed you right now?" I asked.

"Do it, then you would've to save Jasper for no reason," Clarke said. "Why'd you do it? I thought you were the heartless, cold-blooded, Krazy Kane?" I had to mimic her and chuckle to myself.

"Instinct," I said. "The same way killing someone is. If the Grounder had come close to me, adrenaline would've kicked in and I'd choose to fight while the rest of you chose flight. We're just different." "What about the guards you killed? Was that instinct?"