Drive Me

Luisa

It was early morning and I knew from the river we had crossed before that we were near Arkadia. The guards had stopped for water and I stayed put on my horse, waiting until they finished.

I immediately drew my sword when a bullet was fired and my head turned to the people in hazmat suits. Before I could throw my weapon and other release arrows, Octavia had driven her sword through one of them.

"There's another," Indra said. I realized the war chief was teaching her the same way I was, as a second.

I got off my horse and I hiked up the small hill to see the Mountain Man they had pinned down. "We'll take him to lock up," I said. "Send a rider out that they were trying to kill one of us," Indra informed her men, and they rode out on a horse.

When we reached Arkadia, the citizens crowded in the front trying to get a glimpse of the Mountain Man. Raven had been radioed beforehand to seal the air duct for him to breathe without his limited suit.

"Who are you?" My father asked. "Carl Emerson, Head of Security to Mount Weather," he stated. "Who were you trying to kill?" he questioned and the same answer was given.

"He's not going to answer," I said, crossing my arms. "Luisa Kane," he stretched out. "You left before would start." "Has Cage moved in with the plan?" "Their blood wasn't as useful so Singh moved onto their bone marrow—success." My lips pursed as they stared at me and I turned, going into the next room.

"This is all your fault!" Clarke snapped at me. "What's her fault?" Kane asked as the rest came in. Clarke raised her eyebrows and I said, "I pitched the idea to have them use the forty-three's blood instead of the Grounders and later use the Mountain Men for my own benefits."

I could see the pain in my father and Octavia's eyes, the horror in Abby's, the rage in Raven's, and the admiration of Indra's that I had stopped them from using her people. "Lock me up if you want to, I don't mind. You won't get anything out of Emerson, he still trusts me."

Kane pulled his composure and cleared his throat, "We'll keep an open space at the dock and you can interrogate him. We'll be watching in case you say or do anything you're not supposed to."

"R-Raven," something crackled. "R-Raven." Raven rushed to the radio and controlled the sound. "Bellamy!" she called out. "I got it," he answered and everyone exhaled.

"What about Lincoln?" Octavia asked. "He was injected again," Bellamy stressfully answered. "Maya's told me that Fox and Harper have been missing." "Emerson's words were true," I said.

"Try to get them out," Clarke told him. The connection severed on his side and I went to the airlock where I sat in front of the glass that separated me and him.

"Do you hate me?" I asked. "Partially," he answered. "But you've helped us." "I slaughtered eight of your friends, I could do more." "We can still reproduce... on the ground."

"When you do make it, what do you want to do? Not as a guard, taking orders from the president. What do you want?" "I want to..." he trailed off. "I want my family to live on the outside where we can breathe fresh air and eat and enjoy the sunset."

"How are you supposed to do that if you've made enemies? For a hundred years you've been using Grounders and now you're using Skaikru, don't you think they'll want revenge?" "Yes, but we have more things to offer. The same way you offered your deal," he replied. "We've noticed you've sided with the original savages and we wanted to take you out before you take us over. Singly, you have power, Luisa. With an army, you are a destroyer, conquerer, running on a crazy drive. When you take out the Commander, you will rule, you will take out the chancellor, president, queen. Power is your best suit and we cannot let you have it."