Dauntless Me

Luisa

My dad, Abby, and a few others went back to the new named Arkadia to govern their people, leaving me with the rest. I was called in by the Commander to the underground station where she and war chiefs were there to plan.

"Lemme guess, you need my help," I figured. "Cage knows you and you were able to leave... easily," Clarke said. "We want to send Bellamy and Lincoln in as our inside people." I gazed at the two spies, knowing Bellamy would hardly make it.

"I have key cards," I said, digging in my jacket for them. "You should be taken in as Grounders and be treated like them or be turned into Reapers- which we have the cure. A girl, Maya, has gone rogue and will help you. Takedown a guard and wear their clothes.

"As a member of them for a short while, they will be using the forty-three's blood to help them come to the ground. I don't know if they've started but be there before they do. Once you gather them, get the people from the cages and we can destroy the Mountain. Is that clear?"

"It's not that simple, Kane," Lincoln stretched out my name. "You will have to kill people. You can drop out now... if you want," I said. "My friends are in there, I'm going in," Bellamy assured them. He buckled on the Grounder coat and Clarke slipped a map in his pocket before giving him a hug. The Commander gave them blessings and I watched them leave.

"What happens if they don't make it?" Lexa asked. "They will," Clarke said. "We just need to plan on what comes after with Mount Weather." "What if they come to the ground?" I asked. "They have more firepower than Skaikru."

"You're saying that because you're already friends with the enemy. You'll be on their side and help kill us all," War Chief Quint snarled. "How do we know if you haven't made a deal with them." I stayed silent, knowing he was getting close to provoke me to reveal the truth and I walked out.

I had been trusted to be without shackles as long as I helped and wandered around the village. The entrance and exit were clear until Byrne said, "Your father wants you to stay here." "'Your father wants you to stay here,'" I mimicked. Glaring at her, I simply walked out of the perimeters.

I grabbed my sword, knowing that there would be dangers in the forest, and strolled into it. The trees soon surrounded me and I wasn't familiar with the grounds around Tondc. I heard a branch snap and I pivoted, holding my sword to the bounty hunter's neck.

"I saw you last night," I said. "You need to be more discreet." "You really know how to get into trouble," he huffed, pushing my sword. "At least I'm not tied up," I said. "But you're still being followed by that guard," he said and leaned over to see Byrne hide behind a tree.

She was the guard that shot Anya. I was her second who still needed to seek justice by leveling the bloodshed. I approached the tree trunk and slid my sword high so I could see the blood drip on the blade and Byrne dropped.

Clarke

"Luisa!" I shouted. I couldn't believe I was looking for her but she was needed. I went down the small hill, stepping over the branches and fallen trees. "Luisa!"

"Who are you calling for?" a voice asked and I turned to see Lexa had trailed me. "I'm looking for the girl most wanted," I said and she nodded.

"The same one who killed your lover," Lexa understood. "I thought love was weakness," I replied. Her eyebrows raised and I added, "She would agree to that. She hasn't loved as I have, that's why it's easy for her to kill."

"Yes she has, she just doesn't show it," Lexa told me. I shook my head, assure that the Commander didn't know Luisa as much. I continued to call out to her and search deeper into the forest; she always wandered where she didn't belong.