Choose Me

Luisa

I remember when Raven showed me the wave of Praimfaya. The green sun came over Polis and disrupted the bunker for a second until it was fine.

I was sitting inside the office where I marked the food distribution catalog along with supplies and things were getting lenient. I sighed, resting my chin on my fist for a moment when the doors opened.

"Commander," Pike greeted. He came in with another woman and a few of my inner circle members closed the doors to show a private conversation. I put the catalog away.

"The farmer is failing," Monty blurted. "We thought it would be fine forty-six days ago but with a thousand people it won't sustain us for five years." "So use that kind of yours and work something out," Sinclair suggested.

"Rationing," I said. "It's like we haven't done it before." "Well soon, people are going to fight for more," the woman, Kara, said. "The children are going to get the effects first," Pike continued. "Starvation will hit."

"Give me time to think and I'll get back to you," I said. They hesitantly glanced at each other before leaving Sinclair behind and the next batch of concerned people came in.

"There's another problem," Sinclair said. "There's no way to get out," Raven continued. "The rubble from Polis has covered the entrance and when there are clear skies on Saturday morning, we can't see it. If I tried to blow it, the entire bunker could collapse on us."

"That's a future year problem," I said. "You're stalling," Sinclair stated. I huffed and he backed away, leaving the room.

"I have a terrible solution," Raven said. "Since ALIE's quota 'too many people' is coming into play, we should find a way to regress the population. I mean we all made it inside the bunker, you never promised that we all would survive."

"Killing people," I said. "It's not new for you," she added. "Then we can make sure the food is enough for the rest of them." "I never knew you were so conniving," I commented. "I can't kill people if they didn't do anything wrong, they'll remove me."

"What if they did?" she inquired. "We don't have space for Groundbox so if someone commits a crime so much as stealing supplies we need, they get sentenced." "To death," I finished.

"Or if you're feeling generous you can pardon them. You're in charge," Raven said. "How about it?" I stood, leaning forward. "This is between you and only me," I stated and she firmly nodded. "If they find out, I'd have to sentence you." "I know."

Just as we finished, Octavia barged into the room. "Skaikru has taken the farm." I felt Raven's eyes on me that her plan had begun and I breathed. "They have defined me once more," I said.

"Word is spreading around that the clan has separated and they want to blame Skaikru for it," Indra came in to say. Bellamy and more of his friends had come to know what I would do. "There's a lot of useful people in there like Kane, Abby, and Monty.

My dad was very much taken as a prisoner. No matter how much we didn't get along, we both knew I would cry in his arms. I couldn't think about him being dead and I didn't want him to be.

"Close members," I said. "And some are innocent," Bellamy told me. "How can we get in?" I asked, looking at Raven. "I could fix some wires in the engine room that can unhinge the doors to the hydro-farm," Raven said.

I have her the familiar blueprints of the facility and started moving with a battalion behind me. I reached the Skaikru sleeping quarters where they were being harassed by Azgedan warriors.

"Leave them alone," Roan said if they listened to their clan members. The warrior kept the child pinned to the wall and I motioned my hand so that Echo could kill him.