[14]

Summer break is a gathering of troublesome relatives.
Naturally they bring children, or rather, sometimes I think children is all they have, but amongst the children is my natural enemy.

“Taka-niisama~ I’ve missed you!”

Hugging my Oniisama was the daughter of my father’s younger sister, and a girl 1 year my junior, Kotou Ririna.
In other words, my cousin.

“Riri’s wanted to meet you allll this time, but Taka-niisama, why didn’t you ever come visit me?”

“I was busy with school, you see.”

“Ehhh~ But Riri wanted to meet you! In exchange, stay with Riri for all of today! Okay?”

“Yeah. With Reika too, okay?”

Ririna finally looked this way after 100% ignoring me all this time.

“Ahh, Reika-san. So you were here.”

“Gokigen’yoh, Ririna-san.”

Of course I was. Right next to Oniisama!
Didn’t you purposefully push me away when you ran to hug Oniisama?

Damnitt~ This girl isn’t cute at all!

Ririna’s an only child, and she apparently wants an Oniisama, so she’s always been clingy with my Oniisama.
Incidentally, she apparently doesn’t need an Oneesama (me).
Hmph!

“Hey, Taka-niisamaa. Let’s have a chat over there. Riri has plenty of things she wants to tell you.”

With that, she pulled my Oniisama away.
With Oniisama taken away, I was suddenly by myself.

Endure it, endure it. I’m an adult. I’m an adult.
It’s childish getting angry over a little girl’s selfishness.
It’s only for today after all, so it doesn’t matter. I’ll lend him to you.
My Oniisama!

“Reika, you come too.”

Oniisama turned his head to call for me.

Waa~hh, Oniisamaa!

The enemy skilfully chose a two-seater sofa and secured the position next to Oniisama.
The topic of conversation is nothing but Ririna’s bragging.
About where she went, the various things she bought, how she was praised at a recital…
And the kind Oniisama listened to her with a smile.

“Honestly, Riri wished she went to the same school as you, Oniisama. Then we could have been together.”

One of the requirements for the Zui’ran primary section is living somewhere less than an hour commute away, so Ririna couldn’t get in.
Honestly, I’m relieved about that. I’d absolutely hate to go to the same school as her.

After that, Ririna’s boasting continued.
While completely ignoring my existence.

When I first met Ririna, I was thinking of getting along with my younger cousin.
But the moment she saw me, she registered me as an obstacle and enemy, so I gave up on getting along before long.
Aahh, I got completely ignored and refused.
At the very least I don’t respond when she picks a fight, but I can’t stop the sparks silently flying between our eyes.

With his gentle and refreshing looks, and his gentle personality as well, naturally Oniisama is popular amongst the other children amongst our relatives as well.
Children steadily started gathering around him, and Ririna’s mood took a nosedive.
She started glaring in every direction.
Amongst them were distant relatives in middle and high school, who were Ririna’s biggest rivals.
There were those who genuinely dreamt of Oniisama, but some of them might have also been spurred on by their parents, because they looked like they were aiming to become the wife of the Kisshouin heir.