[50]

I’ve been over the moon since falling for Romeo-senpai.
So over the moon that I can’t do a thing about it. Awake, asleep, my mind is always filled with Romeo-senpai.
I’ve been doing things like checking his class schedule to see if I ever have a chance to pass by him, or staring hard out the window to see him during P.E. class.
Even when I get home, before I know it I’m thinking about Romeo-senpai, and end up picking at flower petals.
My the results of my urara flower divinations was unfavourable. But using the flower with my name, I’ll break through with guts and willpower!

Anyhow, as I was spending my days like that, my ranking fell on the end-of-term tests. Hard.
Of course it did. I pretty much never studied, after all. I was too busy being happy.
And honestly, even I didn’t think I would fall this badly.

When I realised my name wasn’t on the published list, the girls around me said stuff like “What a shame~” but I thought that I’d fallen only 2 or 3 places at most.
But when I looked at my slip, I had fallen over thirty ranks.
This is a critical moment. Critical like trying to keep my balance on the point of a cliff. “As expected of Reika-sama” is in the past now. It was incredibly short-lived.
Honestly, these marks are just horrible…

Or so I was thinking to myself, depressed, when my homeroom teacher suddenly called for me. And to the student counselling room, no less.
I’ve got a terrible, terrible feeling about this.
I wondered what she was going to say as I headed there in depression. When I arrived, my homeroom teacher asked me for my thoughts on my term-end results.
Well, even if they ask me that, I’m so shocked by my ranking drop that I honestly don’t know what to say. What should I say?
Or so I was wondering in a daze, when she made a difficult expression and looked at me.

“Honestly speaking, it was completely unexpected that you would fall this far, Kisshouin-san. I’ve seen your grades in primary school, and they were exceptional. I asked all the other teachers as well, and they all told me that you took your lessons seriously, your exams results were splendid, and that you were an excellent, model student. I thought so too. As a teacher, I had almost no worries about you.”

“And yet,” she continued, “how do you explain this drop in results? If something happened, please speak to me about it.”

Well, even if she asks me how, it’s simply that I fell in love and didn’t study, so I definitely can’t tell her the truth.

“I believe that I was simply lacking in effort this time. I truly apologise.”

“You know, things have become a problem. It isn’t just your results. Lately your attitude in class has been an issue as well. A number of teachers have told me that in class you simply sit there in a daze, without really trying. And the result can be seen in your grades. Just what on earth happened, I wonder.”

Eh-, it’s become this big of a deal? Just because my marks fell!?
Or rather, isn’t this the kind of thing you say to problem students!?
Far from “as expected of Reika-sama”, I’ve turned into one of those problem children that get called in to the counselling room!

“You know, Kisshouin-san, could it be that some bad boy is tricking you?”

“Hah?”

What’s this all of a sudden?

“When it comes to girls worsening their behaviour, most of the time a boy is involved. That the diligent model student that you were has changed this much… Could it be that you have begun dating some strange man?”

Sensei leaned forward as she asked this.
In other words, I began dating some bad man, and I fell onto the path of a delinquent?
Oh my gosh.
To think that while I was being over the moon, I almost got the label of ‘delinquent girl’ attached to me!