[113]

When the door to the Petite Pivoine opened, I saw an angel glowing in the light.

In front of me smiled a little white-skinned, amber-haired angel. S-, So cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

This world actually had children as cute as this!? Was he even really human? He wasn't some kind of finely crafted android, or a real angel or something!?

"Hello, high school oneesan. Did you need something?"

The little angel spoke with a voice like a bell. Even his voice was so lovely!
And his expression as he tilted his head in confusion! I wanted to show him to my doll-loving Okaasama! Would it be okay if I took him home...?

"Oneesan?"

The little angel looked a little troubled now.

Oh! Oh no! Did the adorable angel think I was some suspicious person!? Did I seem like some kind of dangerous deviant because I kept staring silently at him? No! You're wrong! I just wanted to admire your beauty, little angel! I'm just a harmless Rococo!

"Ah, my apologies. It seems I was lost in thought for a moment. I have come here looking for Sawarabi Mao-san. My name is Kisshouin Reika, a 2nd year Pivoine member of the high school section."

Angel-chan accepted my words with a smile and nod, before taking my hand and welcoming me in.

His little hand was soooooo sooooooooft! It was like marshmallows! Ukuuuu! Seriously, can I take him home!?

Upon entering the room, Mao-chan immediately noticed me and greeted me with a huge smile.

"Reika-oneesama!"

"Mao-chan."

She rushed up to me and then glued herself to my other arm.

"Thank you for coming the other day, Reika-oneesama! I was really happy! I really like the music box. I listen to it every day."

"Goodness, I should thank you for inviting me. I had a wonderful time. And I am very glad that you liked the music box."

While the two of us were talking, Angel-chan let go of my hand and headed further in. Aahh! Angel-chan! Wait!

"Reika-oneesama?"

"Sorry, it was nothing."

I had wanted to touch his fluffy hair...

"Did you come to see me today? Ah! Reika-oneesama, please sit."

Yuuri-kun was already sitting on the sofa she brought me to, and the two of them seemed to be in the middle of having tea and cake.

"Ah, hello Reika... oneesan..."

For whatever reason, Yuuri-kun was embarrassed to call me 'oneesan', and would always get all shy right after. How cute. Life was great again.

"Hello there. Today I came to give you the photos I took during Mao-chan's birthday party."

I handed Mao-chan a photo album with "Happy Birthday!" written on the front.

"Wahh!"

"There are many photos of you two together."

"Oh! It's true."

"Mao, lemme see too."

The two of them began browsing the photos. Originally I had considered a fancier one like a photo shoot, but that plan involved asking Umewaka-kun for help, and talking about photos with him was opening a can of worms. I had exchanged email addresses with the Dog Lover in a moment of carelessness, and now I got regular photos of Bea-tan sent to me like I was subscribed to some magazine.