[11] Escape

"The one and only." Marcel chuckled, pushing Ares' already awkwardly positioned armed further into his back. Ares winced in pain, and I grimaced, watching Marcel's pleased expression as Ares' expression deepened. Clearly he was enjoying the pain he was inflicting on the poor guy.

"You can stop that now." I frowned, imagining Ares' arm would snap in half any time soon. It was especially disturbing since the idea was not all that far-fetched in the situation.

"What the---f*ck! Let go of--me!" Ares exclaimed, each word being separated by a pained shudder or gasp as Marcel pressed deeper into his back. A sickening crunch echoed through the room. I resisted the urge to gag.

"Hello? We need a little help here!" I reminded Marcel, squirming around uncomfortably on the chair. The rope dug into my skin. I could feel blood be drawn as liquid warmth dripped down my arms.

"Oh, right." Marcel grinned, realizing he had been preoccupied and gone off track. He proceeded to swiftly stab a single spot on Ares' back sharply with his fingers. Ares promptly fell to the floor, his entire body having gone limp. His eyes were still open as he lay motionless on the ground.

"Whoa." Alyssa gasped, amazed.

"Just takes a little practice." Marcel chuckled suavely, quickly walking over to us and slicing the ropes with a knife. The ropes fell to the ground as he stepped back.

I rubbed my sore wrists as I stood up a little shakily. Alyssa straightened her back hesitantly as she brushed her fingers across her face. She winced. Adonis really had not held back at all. Her face probably still stung like hell. My face was so numb I didn't feel anything.

"Are you okay?" I asked her anxiously, feeling empathetic. "Maybe we should go grab ice or something before we go."

"Don't worry, I'm fine." She reassured me, flashing me a gentle smile. She turned towards Marcel and raised her eyebrows. "More importantly, who's the sadist?" She pointed towards him with her thumb.

"Marcel. Marcel Adnet. Part of Sangria." He smirked proudly, taking her remark as a compliment. He placed his gun into his jacket as he took out a pair of glasses from his pocket. After wiping them carefully with a handkerchief he placed them delicately on his nose. He was definitely strange.

"Miss Alyssa Celandine, I presume? A couple of my acquaintances told me to come pick you up along with Miss Cyan." He stated matter-of-factly, adjusting his glasses.

"...Right." Alyssa responded, looking unconvinced. She placed her hand on her shoulder as she rotated it uncomfortably, stretching.

"So how did you manage to get in here? The security seems to be pretty tight around here." I asked curiously as Alyssa continued to stretch her cracking limbs.

"Simple, really. I just knocked out every guy I saw?" Marcel suggested, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

".... Lovely." I sighed, slapping my forehead as I shook my head incredulously. Common sense did not seem to be normal trait around here.

"You know, it's the easy way to deal with things." Marcel nodded approvingly, not catching my sarcasm. "But now that I think about it, a couple guys bolted before I could get to them. They might be recruiting other guys to come get us... maybe."

"Jeez, you should've said that a little sooner, you weirdo!" Alyssa exclaimed, darting for the door as she peered into the hallway. No one seemed to have reached us... yet.

I blinked for a moment, thinking.

"...How'd you know I was here?" I asked with intrigue. My eyes widened as fear struck through me.