[12] The Tresora

"Linette. Wake up. It's morning, babe."

I grumbled in response, turning over to my other side as I pulled the sheets closer to me, smacking my lips as I refused to open my eyes.

"Mom, just a few more minutes..." I responded groggily, feeling warm fingers brush across my forehead.

"Mom? Ha! You're still half-asleep then, aren't you?" The voice chuckled as I felt strong arms wrap around my waist tenderly.

I blinked a couple times, confused. A sudden nibble on my neck startled me awake.  I spun around to my original position and came face-to-face with Leon, who was smirking and staring at me mischievously.

"Good morning." He grinned, giving me a quick peck on the forehead.

I stared at his face for a while, still feeling delusional until I finally snapped back to reality.

"WHOA, WHOA WHOA, WAIT A SECOND---" I yelped, pushing Leon's chest away from me. His grip remained strong around my waist. 

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN MY BED?!" I screeched, unable to keep my eyes from wandering.

"AND WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SHIRTLESS?!" I screamed, feeling my face redden as he began to laugh, pulling me in closer until my face and arms were against his bare chest.

"Silly, this is my room." He added with a devilish smile. 

I think I am going to hyperventilate any minute now.

"Ah... it's good to be alive." Leon whispered softly, caressing my head as he ran his fingers through my hair. "Didn't you miss me?" He grinned flawlessly.

I had completely forgotten about the poison in my drowsiness. But now that he mentioned it... my eyes began to tear up again.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I sobbed, throwing my arms around his neck as I embraced him tightly. I was so relieved to see him back to normal again. It had only been about a week, but I felt like he had been gone for much longer.

"You're so... forward today." He chuckled, his fingers trailing playfully up my spine.

"You---" I blushed, completely flustering as I tried to back away from him. I could feel heat rush up my neck and to my ears.

"Ahem."

The sound of someone clearing their throat at the door made me freeze.

"If you don't mind me, we'd like to see the lovers at the breakfast table after two days of sleeping." I hesitantly turned to see Marcel staring blankly at us from the open door.

I frantically looked back and forth between Leon and Marcel a couple times before I toppled out of bed sideways, falling to the ground and scrambling back to my feet.

"It's not what you're t-thinking." I stammered, feeling especially timid. I didn't even have feelings for him yet! Well... not strong ones, anyways. I thought. It would me embarrassing to admit having feelings for someone who I had sworn to divorce in a year... I grimaced.