[35] Showtime

Thanks for waiting patiently, everyone!

Found some time in my university schedule, haha :)

You guys are absolutely amazing, finally reached 100 fans, thank you ! <3 <3

----

Within instants of leaping from the open door, the entire building behind us was overcome with a colorful fury, so vivacious and bright that it looked like an aurora had come crashing down from the sky and descended upon the Tyrian estate with all its overpowering might. Beneath all the colors and glory, though, arose the formidable, devastating flames of catastrophe that burst and emanated darkly in comparison to the spectrum of luminescent colors.

Though I could see the mouths of the researchers were open wide, no sound was audible over the loud bangs and popping sounds, much resembling the sound of an indoor thunderstorm.

Rei continued to run from the base with ease, and with my breath cut short by his shoulder digging into my stomach, I couldn’t even make a sound at the sight before me, and if I could, it would probably resemble the sound a teakettle makes when it’s boiling.

Leon and Arc were nowhere in sight, and Marcel, the source of it all, was nowhere to be seen either. Considering he was the puppeteer behind our fireworks show, you would expect to see him take a bow or something, but maybe he had already joined Leon and Arc in their escape.

Rei quickly (somehow) managed to get a pass card from who-knows-where and unlocked the gate with the card in his mouth skillfully before throwing the researchers to the ground and gently placing me next to him, before peering past the guarded wall surrounding the estate as he watched intensely at what was left of the war zone.

“Can’t believe we managed to get out of there in one piece.” I whimpered, rubbing my stomach. Now that the numbness was gone, I almost felt like my body was now slightly formed in the shape of a stapler. Lovely.

“Are Sangria guys always this flashy?” Rei sighed, shaking his head. I thought about it for a second.

“Yep.” I responded blatantly. Rei frowned. I sneered.

Once the show finally seemed to cool down, most of the estate had been reduced to rubble, though one cube-like structure stood in the center, unharmed by the blasts. I didn’t even want to know what they were keeping in there.

Crowds of Tyrian people and leaders were now gathering together, looking for the culprit(s) that had caused the mess. They didn’t seem all that bothered by the fact that their home base had been obliterated, but more offended by the fact that the intruders had done so much right under their noses.

“Let’s go before they start looking for us.” Rei whispered under his breath, abruptly grabbing my wrist and breaking into a run again.

“Holy snap, don’t pull so hard, my hand happens to be attached to be arm, you know.” I muttered, scrambling to get my pace to match his.  He seemed to think I functioned like a kite, which was hopelessly wrong.

“Wait, don’t forget us!” The researchers exclaimed. The four men scrambled to follow us as we ran through the dense forest, trees flying past us in a whirr of green. I hadn’t even noticed we had gone into some dark forest on our way here considering how overwhelming large the surrounding walls had been. Were we even in the same country? I almost feel like it didn’t matter right now.

“Where are we going, exactly?” I demanded, growing anxious as we delved deeper into the trees.

“Your place, of course.” Rei responded, fixing the beanie on his head with his free hand.  “Never thought I’d go back to that damn place…”