[21] Revelation

The loud whirring of the bikes filled the entrance hall, and soon, even the loud shouts of protest coming from Van and the crowd were inaudible.

The entire audience gawked in shock and awe. For a notorious motorcycle gang to make their way into a wedding ceremony, of all things? They couldn't help but be amazed despite the threat the new group now posed. Unlike the guests who had intended to visit a wedding, Arc's gang had come here to do one thing and one thing only: fight. I couldn't even imagine what the ensuing chaos would be like. Saying a hurricane was passing through almost seemed like an understatement.

"What---Get them!" Van exclaimed in outright rage. His entire body had gone red with anger.

Your average villain probably would have felt at least intimidated by the a motorcycle gang, but of course, Van was no ordinary scum. He was more annoyed over the delay than anything. Knowing him, he was probably still 100% convinced that he would conquer... and he probably could if we weren't careful. His prowess had no bounds.

Arc, without a moment of hesitation, signalled towards his group to advance. His eyes met mine for an instant before the group proceeded forwards, driving straight towards us without a moment of hesitation. It was strange to see Arc in such a calm, controlled state.

"Marcel, I'm leaving my bride to you." Leon smirked, leaping onto the back of Arc's motorcycle as he cruised by. The newly formed duo headed swiftly towards Van's group. Leon looked back for a fleeting moment, smiling at me in encouragement. Stay safe. He mouthed, before turning to face his goal.

Coughing up another handful of blood, Marcel wrapped his arm around my waist and helped me up as he handed me a cloth. I held the fabric to my mouth, coughing again as I struggled to breathe with clouded lungs.

Meanwhile, Ares and Alyssa had gotten back up and were improvising and fighting with anything they could get their hands on. Alyssa's guns had been tossed amongst the rubble after her spat with Van, and Ares had been captured--he wouldn't have any legitimate any weapon on him. It seemed like dinnerware was a preferred weapon of choice. I giggled to myself, noticing the similarities between the two and between Leon and I at the cabaret club; we really were a crazy bunch.

"Don't let her get away!"

Van screams of fury beckoned a separate group of people to make their way towards us.

There was a round of laughter from behind us as a row of motorcycles whirred past us like a wave of cavalry, finally joining the battle as they pursued their newfound prey. I was glad to see that some organization in our attack for once (thanks to Arc, strangely enough) after all the impulsive and reckless actions in the past.

"Linette. Stop zoning out; we need to get out of here." Marcel warned me urgently as a member of the gang leapt off their bike and offered it to us.I sat down rather painfully on the seat as Marcel wrapped the piece of fabric around my waist to cover the wound on my back.

The cut was so deep and the pain so intense that it had practically faded into an eerie numbness, like a brutal cold had sunk right into my bones. My right arm dangled lifelessly beside me; the stinging pain in my other wrist was nothing in comparison.

I glanced back one more time at Leon, watching as he fought with Arc on the motorcycle, the two back to back and fighting in perfect harmony. They were progressively making their way towards Van at this point. The people they were fighting seemed to be some sort of human shield formed to only protect Van physically. After all, even these crazy mobsters couldn't handle being run over by a motorcycle. Van was taking his time to maneuver around the chaos and try to head towards me. A cold shudder ran down my back. I could feel his bloodlust from across the room.