The change

A/N: Alright guys, it's getting exciting. Time bring out the Dangerous Cara ;-)

"Hello. Tania hello. Little princess are you alright?" Dominic panicked while rushing out of the room, not caring about the million dollar project they had gathered to finalise.

"Hello." A deep masculine voice came from the other. "Who is this?"

"This is my sister's phone. I should be asking that question. Who are you? Where is my sister? What happened?" Dominic was huffing in the elevator. He had never been so glad that he had a different private elevator for himself.

"Sir, this is officer Mark. There has been a kidnapping and your sister was severely injured while trying to protect the kid with her according to reports. Her condition does not look very good. We are sending to the nearest hospital." The officer said.

Dominic's heart sank. His sister was severely wounded while his son was kidnapped.

Quickly regaining his mind he instantly took control of the situation. "This is Dominic Adam. The girl is my sister, Tania Adam and the kid is my son Ben Adam. Get my sister to the Saviour hospital right now. My wife, Cara Adam works there and make sure to get each and every witnesses' statement carefully. I don't think I have to tell you officer. This is a high profile case. Handle it with great caution." Dominic said sternly.

The officer on the other side swallowed. The Adam name did not require any introduction. When he saw the car and the girl's clothes, he already guessed that she didn't have a simple background. But he never thought that it was high profile to this extend. "Don't worry sir. We'll handle it with great care." He said back, trying to sound more serious.

"You better." With that, he kept the phone down as he already reached his car. He called Cara instantly.

Cara was in the middle of a check up when Dominic called. During working hours, the couple only ever exchanged texts in fear of disturbing the other during an emergency. Cara instantly received the call but before she could say anything, Dominic said in panick. "Cara, Ben has been kidnapped. Tania was with him at that time and was seriously injured while protecting him. I've said the officer to send her to your hospital immediately. Please help me look after her. I'm driving there at full speed." With that, the line went off before she could say anything.

It was like a huge bang sounded next to Cara's ears. Her mind went numb and her body went stiff. Ben was kidnapped? Her little kiddo was in danger?

No. She wouldn't let anyone hurt her son. Even if… even if she had to break her promise to her mother and do something she shouldn't, she will do it without hesitation. To save her son, she would cross all boundaries. Even if she had to destroy the whole world, she will. Even if she had to destroy her own family, her own self, she will. Just to get her son back she'll do anything.

Cara's eyes that had always been calm like a deep river had strong waves in them, like preparing for a huge tornado for mass destruction. She stood there in silence, not crying, not panicking. But this quietness was even more frightening. It was the calm before storm. A promise of utter destruction.

She got up and rushed to the reception while calling her family and informing them of the situation. By the time Tania was brought to the hospital, Cara had already taken care of all procedures and she was directly sent to the operation theatre where other doctors were already waiting.

As Cara hurried her to the operation theatre on the stretcher, Tania regained a bit of her consciousness for a few seconds. When she saw Cara in front of her, she held her hand weakly as she grouched out somehow. "I'm sorry. I couldn't protect your son."

Cara smiled at her gently as she patted her hand, "Rest sister. You've done enough. Now leave the rest to me. Nothing will happen to our little prince." Tania was already unconscious by the time she finished, probably believing her instantly.

"Cara." As Tania was sent into the OT, Dominic came running. "How is it?"

"Tania is in the operation theatre. Her injuries are quite serious so a few stitches are required." Cara answered calmly.

Dominic looked at her for a second. She behaved a bit different from usual. He couldn't put his finger on it but the Cara now almost felt alien to him. "Are you okay love? Don't worry. I'll find our son back. I'll not let anything happen to him." Dominic reassured.

"And then what?" Cara asked, looking at him expressionlessly.

"Huh?" Dominic asked not understanding what she was saying.

"Even if you save him now, then what Dominic? Can you guarantee nothing will happen after that? That that psycho bitch wouldn't come after my son again?" Cara asked.

Dominic looked down in silence. He couldn't. He tried everything already. He forced Nancy to stay away from them in every way possible. But the more he did, the more brazen her actions became. It's like she doesn't care about anything any more. It's like she's on a suicide mission, determined to destroy them along with her. If he could stop her, he would've long back. But at present, he can only go on defensive, trying to protect his family with his best abilities.

"Since playing in defence ain't working, it's time to play in offense. Since they want to die, let's just fulfill their wishes." Cara said as a slow smirk formed her lips.

Suddenly, Dominic hugged ger tight from behind. "Baby you're scaring me." And he was. He was really very scared. It was like the person he loved was totally replaced by a stranger, someone he couldn't recognise, someone completely dangerous.

"Then maybe you should be scared." Cara said as she left Dominic behind and walked out of the hospital.

As Dominic looked at his wife leaving, he knew, if he didn't stop her, he'll loose her and his entire family forever.