Insane

Cara:

Dante made an emotional face as he looked at Ben. His eyes filled with unshed tears and his lips hooked with a heart aching smile.

"My son." He whispered as fell down on his knees in front of the little kid.

I was shocked out of my mind at his antics.

Six years ago, this same man told me to get an abortion because he was never going to accept a spawn born out of a slut like me. This same man ruthlessly threw me out of his house.

And now this same man was acting like a heartbroken person who could finally meet his son. Like he loved his son with all his heart.

"Mom, who is this guy?" Ben asked looking at crying man in front of him.

"I'm your father Ben." He replied emotionally without giving me a chance to say anything.

Finally. He didn't listen to me. At least he'll listen to my son and leave us the fuck alone.

I waited for my son to reject his words. Only to be shocked in return.

"Really?" Ben asked innocently.

"Yes son." He replied.

"That's why we have same hairs?" Ben asked cutely.

"You do?" I asked bewildered.

"We do?" Dante asked at the same time.

"Yes we do. Look at our hair colour." Ben said.

I looked Ben's reddish brown hair and Dante's almost black hair.

"How?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yes we do. Don't we." Dante nodded frantically.

"And our jawline is the same." Ben added.

I looked at Ben's round face with baby fat and Dante's sharp square jawline.

"How?" I asked again, still not understanding what was happening.

"My son's eyes are so sharp. He can see everything." Dante agreed again.

"Mom, are going to eat with aunt?" Ben asked me.

"Huh?" I asked like an idiot, still to shocked by what just happened.

"Yes, of course honey. Come here."Daisy said taking Ben away and leaving me alone with Dante.

"We have such a cute kid together Cara." Dante said.

"Huh? No we don't." I replied, finally coming back to my senses.

Dante sighed painfully. "Cara, can't you forgive me just this ones. Can't you let it go and just move on?" He asked.

"No I can't. I have-"

He cut me off. "I understand that I hurt you too much. But I have to be a part of my son's life. Either peacefully or forcefully. I'm taking this to court. And I'm breaking our company's partnership with yours. My father is an old friend of Mr Adam. We are going to talk about partnership when his son returns. If you change your mind before that, let me know. Otherwise it's out of my hands." He said and as looking longingly and then at Ben who already inside the restaurant and then left.

I went inside the restaurant and sat at the table Daisy and Ben was already sitting on.

"What happened?" Daisy asked.

"I just got threatened of my own husband. He said he's going to have a partnership with Adam Corp." I said blankly.

"He did?" Daisy chuckled.

"What a looser." Ben snickered.

I looked at my cute little son weirdly. "Son, are you sure you're five?" I asked.

"Yes mom. It's written on my birth certificate." Ben nodded.

"Where did you learn to speak like that?" I asked.

"Sherlock Holmes and Mentalist. They can tell biological relationship looking at jawline and hair." Ben said proudly.

"And the idea of leing?" I asked.

"I didn't lie. I just said half truth." He said righteously.

"Is that from a series too?" I asked.

"Yup." He replied proudly.

"Which one?" I asked again.

"All of them. The lead always say this line whenever they get caught leing. And it works." He said seriously.

And here I was thinking who taught him all these.

"I'm gonna have a word with Betty about your usage of I internet and what you can and can't see. Nothing accept cartoon is allowed for you anymore." I said shaking my head.

"But Betty doesn't let me see many cartoons." Ben said horrified.

"Why? What's wrong with cartoons?" I asked mystified.

"She says animes are not for kids." He replied.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Because it has matured content." Daisy whispered to me.

"What? Cartoons with matured content?" I almost shrieked horrified.

"Anime is not cartoon." Daisy said with an eye roll.

"They are animated series right?"

"Yes. But that's the only part equal to normal cartoon. Anime is not funny, it fiction but not meant only for kids." Daisy kindly informed me.

"Huh! I suddenly feel I'm from stone age when our parents used curse the the cartoon creators for destroying children's innocence when they saw tom wolf whistling at a female cat." I said after a big pause.