03. 𝙘𝙧𝙮𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙘

CHAPTER THREE

cryptic

"You were a risk, a mystery, and the most certain thing I'd ever known"

-Beau Taplin

FROZEN BY HIS WORDS, you shove him off of you, kneeing him in the groin, hard. He stumbles back and falls on the ground, yelling in pain.

"I told you not to touch me, bastard" you scoff, as you cross your arms. The man quickly stumbles up, grabbing his pistol on the table. He points it straight at your head, in one swift movement. Your surprised by how quick he moves—studying his movements. A smile creeps on your face, as you admire the man standing in front of you.

You walk towards him, never breaking eye contact with him. With the pistol still aimed for your head, he locks eyes with you as well.

"Not scared huh?" He cocks, raising an eyebrow

"Oh baby, trust me. Your nothing compared to what I've seen"

A smile creeps on his face, as he eyes you down. He roughly shoves you into the wall behind you, pinning your hands above your head. This time—muzzle pressed against your forehead. You hear the pistol load, as he brings his hand to your neck, gripping it hard. You take your hand, and grab the barrel of the pistol, pressing it further into your skin.

"If you're gonna shoot me, then do it" You tease, causing his eyes to widen.

"How about you beg for it bitch?" The man spits, as his hot breath trickles down your neck. You swallow hard, as your face is barely an inch away from his. Your heart thumps out of your chest, as his broad shoulders loom over you.

"G-get off of me" you say, trying to hide your fear with your poker face.

He notices your state, and pulls the gun back, putting it in his back pocket.

"Just because you have a pretty face, doesn't mean people won't hurt you." He teases. You roll your eyes, and turn away from him. Back turned towards him, you feel hands gripping your waist from behind. The man comes closer to you, with your back pressed against his chest.

"Did I scare you?" He asks, hands squeezing tightly on your waist. 

"Men like you don't scare me. You disgust me actually". You lied, hoping for him not to catch on. You leave his embrace, and turn back around to face him.

He grabs your hand, and brings it up to his face. He plants a kiss on the back of your hand, causing you to freeze. He looks up at you, with his yellow flames burning their way through your body.